1999 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic - (90 reviews )
I'm in love with my car
By i'm a believer on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I totally love this car! It has been a fantastic value. It looks great and I look great in it. After 14 years of driving "mom" cars, I feel like I've reclaimed my youth. The engine is powerful, the handling is great, the interior is sleek and comfortable.

Acura is an awesome car to drive and own
By D Wiecz on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought my Acura when my company decided to not provide us with company cars any longer. I have loved driving my Acura for almost 3 years now and am currently looking at buying another one to replace mine. I have put over 60,000 miles on the one I have now and have only had to change the oil, replace the brakes and tires during that time.

Great Car
By Fred Rusk on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Great driving car, smooth, super quiet, good power. 33 mpg on highway. Only thing I'd change is the instrumentation displays on the dashboard, can't read them when sun is shinning which can be dangerous when doors are ajar. etc.

Excellent Car
By Terence on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I think the TL is a very nice car. It's really roomy inside and well designed. The TL's acceleration is just ridiculous. You can drive at 80 mph and not even know it - thats how smooth this car is.

thoughtful design, great value
By 99TLowner on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I test drove several late-model used vehicles in this price range--Infinity I-30, Maxima, VW Passat, Mazda Millenia, Toyota Camry V6. The Acura had the best combination of sportiness, refinement, and solid feel. The equipment for the money is remarkable-- the Acura actually sold for less as a new vehicle than just about any of the others I tested, but it was a little higher as a used car (less depreciation) and worth it! I can't really describe the feeling of driving the car (my wife calls it "purposeful"), but I can say that after driving all these other vehicles the Acura stood out as the most desirable.

Good comprimise of Space and performance
By STORY on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Buyer's beware, if your TL is a Canadian version, then it is NOT under warranty in the United States! Either my Sales person was misinformed, or just plain lying....but that's the fact on the issue. Even still, the car is very reliable and fun to drive. The sport shifter is very effective for passing once you get used to it. You can achieve a more sporty appearence with body kit and rear spoiler without sacrificing it's classy style. Could use some Fog lights. Different wheel styling and bigger tires would've helped enormously with the handeling.

Love my TL
By Bott1263 on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

We wanted a car that would be safe, fun and reliable. After testing the TL we knew this was the car. After one month and a 600 mile trip I know we made the right decision. This is a very easy car to drive.

The Best Value - bar none.
By #4 and counting... on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

In the past 10 years, I've had 4 Acuras, '92 and '94 Legends, and '96 and '99 3.2 TLs. This one beats them all - and for thousands less. You cannot go wrong!

Great vehicle
By bus on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been great overall. Small issues that have appeared are rear view mirror when turned on auto shade has shade gradient, middle console makes squeaking noise even after being replaced once. No mechanical problems have appeared. Keeping tire pressure at maximum increases performance significantly.

Great car!
By Dodie on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Great car; fun to drive. Quiet, powerful, smooth. Excellent reliability and quality.