1999 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
fun, fun, fun
By and on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Perfect combination of style, power, fuel economy, and most importantly - reliability.

Acura TL Test Drive 99
By Anton911 on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Decided to drive around in different cars. Took 3.2 TL '99 for about 15 of fun driving. Silver/black leather. Wheel and pedals are honda touch (pretty hard for Japan made). Good exeleration though, tip-tronic is fun. Suspension needs work though, honda like (does not pass as luxury suspension) Went 100 mph, very stable, doesn't really feel that fast. Good Car over all, any way it was 1999, they may have improved it a little/a lot. The Acura Dealer at Stevens Creek (SJ,CA) is very pushy.

Road Warrior
By lsmac on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Purchased new 2/1999. Best car I have ever purchased. 138,000 miles and car just keeps on going. Getting 27-29 mpg on 91 octane gas. Replaced Michelin Tires with Toyo Proxes - much better in the rain. Ride, mileage, dB the same for $300 less. Only a few problems: replaced battery, HID bulb ($110 from Osram-Slyvania, $200 at dealers)and EGR valve. Rearview mirror popped due to heat in Central Florida.

Almost 110k miles, still running new.
By Alex Sonne on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have had 2 problems with this car in it's 110k mile life so far. After 65k miles the transmission went. They told me that the tiptronic was causing the problem and not to use it all that often. At 89k miles the Traction control went. They fixed both under warranty for me even though it was over the mileage limit.

Sofa on Wheels!!!
By TracieNA on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

My husband and I just love this car! We do call it the sofa on wheels because of the comfort. I have 2 toddlers with carseats and we do alot of running around town running errands, and to preschool as well as family things on the weekend. I couldn't be happier - the trunk is roomy, easy to drive, easy to clean (leather!) and sporty. I don't feel like a mom in this car - very sporty and upscale looking - my sister in law has a Lexus and I think they are VERY comparable - except price.

My 1999 Acura 3.2 TL
By Lorraine Brooks on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car cross country 2- 3 times...it is so reliable! I drive now as a single over 60 woman. I now go to Pleasanton Auto for my service. There they usually ask me 'How long are you in town for now?' I reply, but I live here! The last out of state Acura serviceperson changed the oil & pronouced my car cleaner than most even in her large city. That was in Indiana...I now have some 84,000 miles on the same tires--still more tread.

Work Horse
By mjf1036 on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

The Acura 3.2TL is a real work horse. Great interior comfort, great "options" that were all standard. Power and speed when you need it; great cruising car. My car and I spent about 38,000 miles per year together. Never stranded, no roadside assistance needed. Sure there was the occasional maintenance issue but nothing I needed a bank loan for. For the most part...put in good gas, keep the oil & filters changed. On top of all this the car looks Sharp! Elegant, sporty, sexy, but still masculine. Would I purchase another? You bet I will.

Great Car!!!
By OU student on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I got this car durring the break, it is amazing!!! The car is a dream, every feature is perfect. The heated seats and mirrors, navigation system, and the engine are all amazing! The power is great and the car is also sporty looking. All my friends are super jealous! This car is great!!!

The Best Luxury Sedan!!!!
By TL4life on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought mine used with 70K miles on it, but it still look NEW!!! It runs great with all the luxury features and conveniences without the luxury prices of those German counterparts! You can't go wrong with Acura quality and built!!!

Used Acuras are the best!
By Student on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

Found a great deal on a used 99 acura TL. Looked at Camrys and Accords but the TL offered the most car for the money, and in some cases was even cheaper than lower model vechiles.