1999 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic - (90 reviews )
Acura for life
By Javier Sola on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with a 160k miles and now the car has 207k miles!! I just wrecked it and there is no question about it, I'm buying another but probably a 2000 b/c of the 5speed tiptronic system. Great car which will last forever.

ACURA TL ARE JUST O.K.
By ANT612 on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I'VE HAD MY 99 ACURA TL FOR ABOUT 9 MONTHS NOW AND HAVE HAD TO CHANGE THE IGNITION THE TRANNY AND THE CAT. CONVERTOR AND A WHEEL ALIGNMENT AND I'VE ONLY PUT ON ABOUT 12,000 MILES..ITS A BEAUTIFUL CAR DONT GET ME WRONG BUT THE RELIABILITY IS QUESTIONABLE !

Amazin99TL
By neal on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I got my TL in July 1999. It has 103,000 miles and still drives like a dream. I'm thinking about getting a new car but finding it hard to part with my TL. The Bose stereo is amazing! The VTEC engine and TL's performance is amazing! The TL is unbelievably reliable, fast and sharp looking. My only complaint is the wind noise that occurs near the driver's window.

Love my TL
By Slip on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I was looking for an upscale car, and ACURA made one affordable to me. Only the navi system was extra (I passed on that. Could not have asked for anything more. Fun to drive, nothing goes wrong with it. Pluses, handling, power, radio, trunk size. Negatives, gas mileage

Great Car!!!! I love it!!!! Buy One!!!
By john32 on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I have one with 109,000 miles on it and it has never had any problems. You should buy one if you want a reliable, fun to drive, best exprerience of you life kind of car.

Love my new (used but new to me) car
By Acura Enthusiast on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I was especially impressed with Acura of Boston - their professionalism & courtesy and helpfulness. I would recommend them to anyone - Steve S. was our salesperson, and he was outstanding. The car we purchased is a 99 TL and it rides beautifully, handles turns exceptionally; is comfortable, roomy - we love it! The stereo system & CD player sound great also.

best car for the money on the planet
By MTL on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This car is the best value in the market. If the 2004 model is better than this one then it is fantastic. You can't go wrong with Honda products.

Great car for the money
By Mike Gardner on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This car provided all the luxury features as standard equipment and came in at $3000 to $5000 cheaper than the BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus. It's been a solid performer for almost 5 years. No mechanical problems.

Best car ever owned
By lmamo on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

The car is fun to drive, quiet with excellent performance.

A very nice ride!
By Craigo on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is a very nice vehicle. I rate the car very high in all categories and feel it is an outstanding value. Would like better back-up lights, and more power and performance features, but, who wouldn't. Besides, these desires appear to have been satisfied in the newer TL Type-S.