Used 1999 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic - (90 reviews )

EGR
By Lynnerksu

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2005 with 32,000 miles on it. I love the car but now it has about 72,000 miles and has been in the shop for the EGR. Other than that it's been a perfect inexpensive car.

Leather seats, seat heaters, and dimming mirror.

Better leather on the middle console.

Recall the Transmission
By Angela

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I feel the transmission should have been recalled. The manufacturer is more than aware that the transmission in this car was poorly made, and I am quite upset that I am having to replace it. I have always driven a Honda or Acura and this is the first time I've had major problems. I am told that the issue has been resolved mechanically, but that does little to help my out of pocket fee.

Moon Roof, Navigation

The Transmission

Good while it lasted, now moving on...
By Jamnurse

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with about 24k miles, currently 164k. Was gonna try to push it til 200k, but, Engine light staying on for a year now. Car has shut off on me twice while at the stop light (have a new battery). Ignition switch was changed out under the recall. EGR changed a few times. Engine going. I put quite a bit of $$ into it already. No sense putting any more. I got my thrill for 9 years. I had visor, wood grain and wing put on. I loved my car. Will always have a place in my heart... I think I'm done with acura though. Don't like the shape of new TL. I like the RL, but, I think I'm getting GS300.

Body Style, Smooth Ride (for the 1st 6 yrs), Bose Stereo

Engine-Transmission, EGR valve, Ignition

Engine stop while I'm driving
By khiet

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought my car almost 5 years ago and never had any problem until now. My car currently had only 65,350 miles on it. The problem with my car is while I am driving on the road it shuts down the engine (on the busy road). The battery is almost brand new. I think ignition switch is bad. Hopefully, they recall ignition switch so I don't have to pay money out of my pocket.

interior for the year 1999

ignition switch and better gas

Amazing Car
By Lucky13

1999 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Great car, I bought it from a friend for 2500 dollars dirt cheap with all the gizmos i took out the GPS because i never really used it and added a pioneer stereo system.Nice smooth ride very fast. the stereo system rocked when i got it i have made a g=few changes now like a 12" Mtx sub and its even better. Love driving the car. I buying a Wings West body about $800 total but makes the car have a little more presence on the street. If you are looking for a tuner car this car is great the V-Tec engine is great engine to start with.

Love the Stereo,Moon Roof/Sun Roof, i also enjoy the sport shifter its nice for when your in a daring mood. But you have to love the v-tecs kick at about 4000 rpms.

Would have been an even better car if it had came in a manual transmission