Used 1998 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Still in love
By Vanessa

1998 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Got my car on 2/14/98 and still love it after all these years. Having problem with speed sensor now but the car is still solid otherwise. Other than maintenance and replacing the struts, this car has been low cost over the years. I love pulling up next to other owners of the older TLs because we always roll down windows and praise our cars. I've never met anyone who didn't love theirs. I know I'll need a new vehicle one day but for now will continue to enjoy the ride.

Everything

Maybe a little more leg room in the back seat.

Amazing long term car!
By sfgiants22

1998 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This was the second car that Ive ever bought and it is awesome. I bought it at 110,000(I know), but following some dealer tricks I was sold on it. I felt a bit taken later because of the miles it had but it still drive like new and its at 165000 now. I couldn't ask for a more reliable vehicle and the only thing that Ive had to do is replace the battery and headlight bulbs...unbelievably reliable. Acura is simply an all around good company and I'm glad I bought my TL.

Its pretty much all good.

The stock radio was "ehh.." but I put in an after market one and its perfect.

I love this car!
By Acura32tl

1998 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have been the proud owner of my 3.2 TL for nearly 10 years now and it's been amazing. Wonderful, well rounded vehicle that's attractive and engineered like a dream. My TL has 162000 miles and has seen less than $2000 in non maintenance repairs to date! That's pretty remarkable in my opinion. The service has been solid, but I must admit that I perform most maintenance personally (mobil 1 only). As much as I love this car, I will probably go to Lexus next as Acura styling has degraded over the years.

Power, smooth, reliable, excellent stereo, great fuel economy (I average 29 mpg on mostly hwy via my iPhone app).

Could be more isolated in the cabin.

Very nice car, high reliability
By TLW

1998 Acura TL Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan

I bought my '98 2.5 TL about 5 years ago, I also paid $1200 for the extended warranty to 100K miles. I never got to use the warranty. At 107K miles now, D4 light is out, and I have replaced both oxygen sensors as well as doing the scheduled 104K miles timing belt / water pump service. I also replaced the battery a couple years ago, and new brake pads. I'm due for replacing the AT fluid and filter. All in all, this car has been excellent. My car with 107K miles drives and feels like a new car - nothing loose or sloppy, and the throttle response is very smooth.

Great reliability, very comfortable and it drives wonderfully. Use the cruise control on the interstate, the car rides like 65 mph when you're actually cruising easily at 110 mph.

Poor fuel economy combined with the need for premium fuel are downers.

Love My Acura
By Degruise

1998 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is my favorite car. Even when I see a car exactly like mine go by, I still stare at it because I feel like it is one of the most attractive styles ever made. It drives great, and I have only brought it in for regular maintenance such as oil, brakes and tires. It is the best running vehicle I have ever driven!

I love the precision steering, the seat warmers, the get up and go and the quick stop. I love everything about it.

Since I have a family, sometimes I wish I could fit more in it, so that we could take more long family trips in it.