Used 1998 Acura TL 3.2 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

1998 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

The best car money can buy
By Jeff

1998 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

We bought a '97 with about 68k on it i '95. It seemed very expensive at the time. Other than 2 starters (a persistent problem with these cars (requiring the axle to be removed - $-) along with the terrible window operations), and the recommended timing belt change with water pump, I have performed all maintenance which consists only of fluids, filters and brakes (do my own work). This car now has 260k on it, drives as if it were new, with no smoke or leaks from the engine. It does need a power-steering pump but the kids drive it now and they need the exercise. I now have a collection of 3 of the 3.2TL's ranging from 96 to 98 and have my eye on another. If taken care of, they always run.

Suggested Improvements

window motors!

Still in love
By Vanessa

1998 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

Got my car on 2/14/98 and still love it after all these years. Having problem with speed sensor now but the car is still solid otherwise. Other than maintenance and replacing the struts, this car has been low cost over the years. I love pulling up next to other owners of the older TLs because we always roll down windows and praise our cars. I've never met anyone who didn't love theirs. I know I'll need a new vehicle one day but for now will continue to enjoy the ride.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little more leg room in the back seat.

Amazing long term car!
By sfgiants22

1998 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This was the second car that Ive ever bought and it is awesome. I bought it at 110,000(I know), but following some dealer tricks I was sold on it. I felt a bit taken later because of the miles it had but it still drive like new and its at 165000 now. I couldn't ask for a more reliable vehicle and the only thing that Ive had to do is replace the battery and headlight bulbs...unbelievably reliable. Acura is simply an all around good company and I'm glad I bought my TL.

Favorite Features

Its pretty much all good.

Suggested Improvements

The stock radio was "ehh.." but I put in an after market one and its perfect.

I love this car!
By Acura32tl

1998 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I have been the proud owner of my 3.2 TL for nearly 10 years now and it's been amazing. Wonderful, well rounded vehicle that's attractive and engineered like a dream. My TL has 162000 miles and has seen less than $2000 in non maintenance repairs to date! That's pretty remarkable in my opinion. The service has been solid, but I must admit that I perform most maintenance personally (mobil 1 only). As much as I love this car, I will probably go to Lexus next as Acura styling has degraded over the years.

Favorite Features

Power, smooth, reliable, excellent stereo, great fuel economy (I average 29 mpg on mostly hwy via my iPhone app).

Suggested Improvements

Could be more isolated in the cabin.

Love My Acura
By Degruise

1998 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is my favorite car. Even when I see a car exactly like mine go by, I still stare at it because I feel like it is one of the most attractive styles ever made. It drives great, and I have only brought it in for regular maintenance such as oil, brakes and tires. It is the best running vehicle I have ever driven!

Favorite Features

I love the precision steering, the seat warmers, the get up and go and the quick stop. I love everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

Since I have a family, sometimes I wish I could fit more in it, so that we could take more long family trips in it.