1997 Acura TL 3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Best car I've ever owned!!!

1997 Acura TL - Consumer Review

3.2 Premium Sedan (3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Best car I've ever owned!!!
By RyanMorrow on

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Going on 21 months now, and have had no problems with the car yet. It had 69,000 mi (@ 3yrs) and in the last 7 months I've piled on more than 15,000 mi. The brakes squeel once in a while because the disc brakes are exposed, you have to learn not to pump the gas because it floods a little and takes a couple seconds to regain power (ie, at a stop sign/light), and there is quite a bit of road noise. I keep the great stereo system cranked, so I don't notice the noise at all though. Given the amount of mileage I accrue, I'm hoping this car will hold up another 100,000 miles. When I do have to get another car, I look forward to buying another Acura!

Favorite Features

V6 power, great acceleration, comfy interior, smooth ride, and great stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Loss of power if you pump the gas at stop signs, brake dust problem, the only diagnostic available on the dash is temperature so if you're battery dies you won't know until it's too late, and the radiator stays on long after I turn the it off, but the temp gauge says it's cool.