Used 1997 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

1997 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

97 TL 3.2
By mrlifts

1997 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

This car has a excellent ride quality and handling performance. The engine provides smooth acceleration with good fuel economy. All of the driver controls are very well designed and durable. This is a very comfortable and reliable car. It is an excellent value.

Favorite Features

Comfort of the seats, and quality of the ride.

Luxury and Performance
By AcuraMan

1997 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought my Acura used with 40,000 miles. It now has 140,000 miles on it, Driven rough the whole time. Only had two mechanical problems with it. Driver side actuator and starter went out. Total of $400.00 in Repairs, for a seven year old car not bad at all.

Favorite Features

Front Headlights w/foglights on. Leather interior. Fast for a four door sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Faster acceleration

My 1997 Acura 2.5 TL
By Muchacho

1997 Acura TL Sedan 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

Well, to begin, I've had this car for a little over a week, so I cann't really say the long-term status of my car, but for now I'm enjoying it. This is my first car, and it's compitant overall. The interior and exterior design is all fine and dandy, but lacks soul and excitement. The CD system is amazing, and the 5-cylinder really revs fast, but since the car is fairly large the 176 hp don't move the TL very fast. Everybody only has good comments on the car, and for the most part I agree, although alil spice overall wouldn't hurt.

Favorite Features

The engine is fun, but the audio system really is the best part of this car. It's probably the finest I've heard yet.

Suggested Improvements

Alil more omph in the power department, alil more "different" in the styling department... it's a fine car, but it's lacking alot of personality

My 1997 3.2 TL
By oulaw90

1997 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is a great and reliable car. You cannot beat the price of this car used. I am going to keep this car till 150,000 miles and still get $$ on resale Dont buy a new honda or camry when u can buy this for half the price?

Yawner...
By mtalinm

1997 Acura TL Sedan 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

Picked this up in a hurry when my BMW died. As others have said, I'm sure I can drive this car for 10 more years with minimal maintenance...the question is whether I would WANT to. From the outside, it looks like a Honda Accord with an Acura badge slapped on it. (The Honda stamps on the glass don't help.) The controls (wiper, cruise, even horn) are identical to the Accord my family drove in 1978. No evolution. None. Even worse is the engine. This thing can only break 10s 0-60 if I manually shift, and it's a yawner for passing anyone.

Favorite Features

Stereo sounds good. Moonroof hasn't broken yet.

Suggested Improvements

Just a dull car. I wish every day I were still driving a BMW. Note btw that the 1999 TL is a complete ripoff of Bimmers -- tail lights, curve on the rear window molding, etc etc etc.