1997 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
97 TL 3.2
By mrlifts on 01/21/05 01:32 AM (PST)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

This car has a excellent ride quality and handling performance. The engine provides smooth acceleration with good fuel economy. All of the driver controls are very well designed and durable. This is a very comfortable and reliable car. It is an excellent value.

Luxury and Performance
By AcuraMan on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought my Acura used with 40,000 miles. It now has 140,000 miles on it, Driven rough the whole time. Only had two mechanical problems with it. Driver side actuator and starter went out. Total of $400.00 in Repairs, for a seven year old car not bad at all.

My 1997 Acura 2.5 TL
By Muchacho on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

Well, to begin, I've had this car for a little over a week, so I cann't really say the long-term status of my car, but for now I'm enjoying it. This is my first car, and it's compitant overall. The interior and exterior design is all fine and dandy, but lacks soul and excitement. The CD system is amazing, and the 5-cylinder really revs fast, but since the car is fairly large the 176 hp don't move the TL very fast. Everybody only has good comments on the car, and for the most part I agree, although alil spice overall wouldn't hurt.

My 1997 3.2 TL
By oulaw90 on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is a great and reliable car. You cannot beat the price of this car used. I am going to keep this car till 150,000 miles and still get $$ on resale Dont buy a new honda or camry when u can buy this for half the price?

Yawner...
By mtalinm on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

Picked this up in a hurry when my BMW died. As others have said, I'm sure I can drive this car for 10 more years with minimal maintenance...the question is whether I would WANT to. From the outside, it looks like a Honda Accord with an Acura badge slapped on it. (The Honda stamps on the glass don't help.) The controls (wiper, cruise, even horn) are identical to the Accord my family drove in 1978. No evolution. None. Even worse is the engine. This thing can only break 10s 0-60 if I manually shift, and it's a yawner for passing anyone.

Dream Come True
By SBoogie on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

I was looking into the TL for 2yrs before I finally purchased it. I looked at other vehicles but still kept coming back to the TL. The combination of luxury and price could not be beaten regardless of how much research I did. The only major problem I've had is that I've needed to change the muffler - that's only because the first one has lasted for 8 years! Talk about reliability! It just a beautiful car.

Acura/Honda are always reliable.
By Sheng Sheen on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

This is my 4th car on the Honda line. I've had Civics and Accords prior to owning this 3.2 TL. I will probably keep this car until it dies. I love it, and I put so much into it. The handle is great, and it's fast. The acceleration is far better than any car I've driven, except for a car I had with Turbo on it. There's no reason why people are driving the speed limit in this car. You can cruise 90 easily without feeling anything.

3.2 TL Premium, Excellent car
By Ken Biddulph on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

I love this car, its a bit big for my needs but it handles great inspite of its sheer mass and 15 inch wheels. Excellent interior, better looking than the newer TL's in my opinion.

TL 2.5
By Steve in Alabama on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

Good reliable vehicle. Good looks and fair performance. Had problems with power windows not much else. Aucura nameplate still impressive and gets looks.

I liked it though.....
By Jay Kim on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car about one year and half ago. I never had any problem!! Great Reliability~ Great design~ I never get bored. Sound system's quality is good but power is too weak. Smooth and enough performance to enjoy~ But wind noise is the only the part I don't like.