Used 1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great car for the money
By 3.2 premiun

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Just bought a used TL with 73000 miles. The car looks great and has all the features you can ask for $8500. My only complaint is that I had to have the starter replaced at 74000 miles, and the starter for this car is pretty expensive considering its a honda ($550). I also notice when I park slowly I can hear the gas swishing in the gas tank, it also seems like the fan always turns on when the car turns off. Otherwise the car is very fun to drive. It handles great, the interior and exterior look great.

Favorite Features

Fake wood trim, side mirror defrost, heated seats, hidden windshield wiper sprayers.

Suggested Improvements

Sun glass holder, some kind of vtec (either the gas saving kind or the performance kind), driver side foot rest closer, brighter interior lights

97 TL 3.2
By mrlifts

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

This car has a excellent ride quality and handling performance. The engine provides smooth acceleration with good fuel economy. All of the driver controls are very well designed and durable. This is a very comfortable and reliable car. It is an excellent value.

Favorite Features

Comfort of the seats, and quality of the ride.

Dream Come True
By SBoogie

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

I was looking into the TL for 2yrs before I finally purchased it. I looked at other vehicles but still kept coming back to the TL. The combination of luxury and price could not be beaten regardless of how much research I did. The only major problem I've had is that I've needed to change the muffler - that's only because the first one has lasted for 8 years! Talk about reliability! It just a beautiful car.

Favorite Features

The sleek classic, bold design. Much better looking then the 1999-04 models. (my opinion of course)Immediate response when accelerating, especially when the engine gear is in D3. At high speeds, you do not realize it because it "sits" very cmfortably on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Slide a bit in the seats when cornering. The footrest for my left foot could be a little closer to the driver - and I stand 6 feet tall. Audio buttons on the steering wheel would have been a nice option.

3.2 TL Premium, Excellent car
By Ken Biddulph

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

I love this car, its a bit big for my needs but it handles great inspite of its sheer mass and 15 inch wheels. Excellent interior, better looking than the newer TL's in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Interior design, fake wood looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger wheels, VTEC :)

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned!!
By Buckeye64

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Car handles excellent. Power is what you'd expect from Acura - great. We've had our TL for 3 years and put 70k miles on it. No mechanical or appearance problems. Will definitely buy another Acura.

Favorite Features

Heated mirrors and seats, love the sunroof and an awesome stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Location changes for the TCS, Cruise Control and heated seats - but still excellent.