1997 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Great car for the money
By 3.2 premiun on 05/21/05 20:04 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Just bought a used TL with 73000 miles. The car looks great and has all the features you can ask for $8500. My only complaint is that I had to have the starter replaced at 74000 miles, and the starter for this car is pretty expensive considering its a honda ($550). I also notice when I park slowly I can hear the gas swishing in the gas tank, it also seems like the fan always turns on when the car turns off. Otherwise the car is very fun to drive. It handles great, the interior and exterior look great.

97 TL 3.2
By mrlifts on 01/21/05 01:32 AM (PST)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

This car has a excellent ride quality and handling performance. The engine provides smooth acceleration with good fuel economy. All of the driver controls are very well designed and durable. This is a very comfortable and reliable car. It is an excellent value.

Dream Come True
By SBoogie on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

I was looking into the TL for 2yrs before I finally purchased it. I looked at other vehicles but still kept coming back to the TL. The combination of luxury and price could not be beaten regardless of how much research I did. The only major problem I've had is that I've needed to change the muffler - that's only because the first one has lasted for 8 years! Talk about reliability! It just a beautiful car.

3.2 TL Premium, Excellent car
By Ken Biddulph on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

I love this car, its a bit big for my needs but it handles great inspite of its sheer mass and 15 inch wheels. Excellent interior, better looking than the newer TL's in my opinion.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned!!
By Buckeye64 on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Car handles excellent. Power is what you'd expect from Acura - great. We've had our TL for 3 years and put 70k miles on it. No mechanical or appearance problems. Will definitely buy another Acura.

7 Years old and Still Sharp
By parker002 on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Ac. for a year or so, and it has 82,000 miles on it. Besides the normal tune-up and some oil changes the car runs perfect. When I drive through town people still look at it. Even though the style has changed over the past few years; it still looks sharp. It also drives like a gem

Best car I've ever owned!!!
By RyanMorrow on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Going on 21 months now, and have had no problems with the car yet. It had 69,000 mi (@ 3yrs) and in the last 7 months I've piled on more than 15,000 mi. The brakes squeel once in a while because the disc brakes are exposed, you have to learn not to pump the gas because it floods a little and takes a couple seconds to regain power (ie, at a stop sign/light), and there is quite a bit of road noise. I keep the great stereo system cranked, so I don't notice the noise at all though. Given the amount of mileage I accrue, I'm hoping this car will hold up another 100,000 miles. When I do have to get another car, I look forward to buying another Acura!

great care
By Frank tha shocker on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Just got a used one, so far so good, really pleased with everything...wish they made this model with the vtech engine, kind of surprised they didnt!