Used 1997 Acura TL 2.5 Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

This is my secon Acura 2.5 T L
By ave8tor

1997 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I have now owned two Acura 2.5 T L's. What an excellent automobile. The first one I sold after putting on almost 300,000Kms with just regular maintance. The only major problem is the manifold cracked and was not repairable, a $2,000 fix. Other than that I loved the car. The paint was excellent, and the interior stood up well, with just a few cracks in the leather interior. I purchased my second 2.5 t l in Geroria with only 40,000 miles on the spedo. Drove it Canada and had it totalled in a rear end collision with a pick up truck this week. I would recommend this car for its comfort, economy, and reliability and driving performance. A true five (5) star automobile.

1997 Acura TL
By todd

1997 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

This is the best vehicle I have owned yet. It currently has 285,000 kms and going strong. I just replaced my cv axle. It drives smooth, quiet and peppy as ever. I do find my fan (blower) isn't working as well as it used to but if that's my only problem... then I really don't have any. Still keeps up with the best of them.

Heated mirrors, placement of all accessory buttons

Part numbers are very hard to find, closest dealer is 250kms away.

Acura = 10 years without repair work
By ealfarotx

1997 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 10 years and other than regular oil changes and regular maintenance I have only spent $250 for on-board computer connector that was replaced. It's time to do the timing-belt change now, but that's expected with close to 100k miles.

Reliability is the key with this car. People get impressed how good it looks after 10 yrs and there are no squeaks inside the car.

The only improvement on the Acura line is that they should start building more aggressive cars similar to Lexus ISF line. You have the quality now is the time to compete with BMW.

Luxurious Ride
By Jenny

1997 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1997 Acura 2.5 TL in 2004. The paint has held up wonderfully with a great topcoat. The sleek design is very desirable to most. No cracks or problems with the leather interior. Very little maintenance problems. A very luxurious ride. I am very pleased.

Body Style, leather interior with woodgrain trim, great stereo, smooth ride.

Could use more back seat room. Sits a bit low to the ground.

I love this car!
By bw

1997 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I have owned 3 Acuras and this is by far my favorite. I bought this new in 1997, have put over 200,000 miles on it and have only done basic scheduled maintenance on the car. Reliability and quality are exceptional. The look is timeless and my mechanic says I could put another 150,000 miles on the car without a worry. Rides like a dream. Buy this car and you'll never buy another brand again.

Look of an upscale car without the price, drives quietly and has plenty of trunk space.

The only thing I would like to see is the middle console angled slightly toward the driver.