1996 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
1996 2.5tl/premium
By redbadger on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

Just the greatest car. Have owned BMW's, Corvettes, Jags and this is the best car! Extremely reliable, comfortable and fun to drive. Like the '96 better than newer styles. Have had this car for 5 years and have 120,000 plus-only problem was wind shield wiper arm needed replacement at 70,000! ($65). Thinking of getting a used cl to keep this one company.

Beautiful car!
By chrism on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

I love my Acura! Its a pleasure to drive, luxurious, and extremely reliable.

i love my tl
By tony95608 on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

they should never have changed the body

Acura 3.2
By Bob Daugherty on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan

The car continues to be a strong performer.

Iowa Green TL
By Jeff Durbin on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Excellent car. I bought a five-year old '96 with somewhat high miles but I got a very good price. Interior is wonderful and the exterior is solid, if somewhat conservative. The only nit I have with it is that the driver's side window sometimes comes unsealed at 75 or 80 and I get a lot of wind noise. Dealer servicing was obscene so I am finding a new mechanic.

excellent
By josuesmith on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

this is the most wonderful car I have owned...am a senior widow...going to part with it as my daughter is giving me a car...Have been widowed for over two years & have not had any problems..Change the oil every 3000 miles & this car purrs right along, wheather on a long road trip or in the city..I am the only one who has driven this car & someone is going to get one special, outstanding, used car...Acura,,,they are the very best!!

Plymouth Acura experience in Michigan
By haydn kramer on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Just a fantastic car from every perspective...

great buy!
By reesk on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for six months now with no problems whatever. I am so happy. I researched a million cars before buying and I am defintely a satisfied consumer! It handles well with good pick up. It's so quiet which is a MUST with me. It's roomy but not too big. Jumping from a Nissan Sentra to this I was a little worried feeling like I was driving "too" big of a car but I don't feel like that at all. The only downside I had to that is getting used to the lower miles/gallon.

Great car for the money
By Trey on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I am 16 and this is my first car. From the first time that I saw it, I knew it was the one I wanted. It has the Acura/Honda name so you know it is reliable and luxurious. There aren't that many performance parts and stuff for it out there, but you can do a lot of stuff to it and make it look really nice. check out www.acura-tl.com if you want to see some of them fixed up!

great car for the money
By LA Denizen on 02/19/02 20:40 PM (PST)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

My wife & I bought our TL used from a Honda dealer in suburban Seattle. For what we were spending (~$20k), it was the best deal in a 4-dr sport luxe sedan. It's extremely reliable (Honda!), very practical (Honda!), and quite upscale (Honda?!). For a long car, it handles well. Not BMW precise, and it's too softly tuned, but good. The turning radius is astounding. Passengers love the interior for its simplicity yet elegance. I feel the same about the exterior styling, tho it's conservative.