Used 1996 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Excellent Car for the Price
By shadowfenrir

1996 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I bought this for $13000 ($10000US) after selling my '90 4Runner for gas reasons. This car is good on gas for its size (about 10L/100km or 24mpg in city driving and 6.3L/100km or about 30mpg on the highway). It is very comfortable with its nice leather bucket seats (although the leather isnt as high class as in the newer cars, or even as in the older lexus cars, but its good). The engine is very responsive and refined even at high RPM, but the transmission tends to shift at weird times. I haven't had any problems at 160000km(100000mi) other than c/v boots needing replacement. Great car!

Auto climate control Nice seating. EXCELLENT stock sound system. 8 speakers and sounds very crisp and loud with good bass. EXCELLENT reliability. No powertrain trouble or major repairs needed. Good fit and finish on the paint and interior materials. Heated mirrors.

They could have used better materials on the door handles on the inside. It looks like a chrome foil was wrapped around them. Needs a rear spoiler and bigger rims (stock is 15") and better tint on glass.

Acura 2.5TL Premium Sedan
By Joannie621

1996 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

If I could buy this car brand new, I would! I have driven and experienced just about any other car out there- and I'm always happier and more comfortable in my Acura. The car is classy, sporty, and reliable. Mine has 125K miles and running amazingly. I have driven about 60 miles a day to college for the past 4 years and my car has never let me down. Now I can afford any other car but seriously don't want to give it up!

Interior, Exterior. Sunroof is great! Absolutely everything.

If I COULD improve anything, it would be the speakers of the radio. But then again, it's just because I'm young and like loud music.

Great Car
By CGKansas

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Extremely reliable and great ride. I bought it as a certified used car and I'm planning to buy a new 2004 TL replacement.

Every time I get behind the wheel, it does what I expect, and very well.

Some wind noise during highway driving.

Getting The Looks
By SCB81

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 71,000 miles. It now has 87,000. this car has been good to me so far. The only problem I've had thus far is a ball joint is starting to fail and cause a loud squeeking noise from under the driver's side fender. I replaced the stock wheels with the '02 3.2 TL Type S wheels and the car looks almost brand new, despite the fact that it's 8 years old. This car always turns heads. I love it!

Head turning style, comfort, headed seats.

More horsepower, Standard transmission, upgraded AC compressor/unit.

Solid after 154k
By upton pt

1996 Acura TL 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in '97 as a certified pre-owned. With 154k miles, the car has held up extremely well and still going strong.

Simply a solid offering, "Honda" makes a great car.

Nothing...other than reducing the expense when it does need servicing..ouch!