1996 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
96 Acura problems
By henry49 on 09/30/11 07:07 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

200k mi(9-30-11) oil leak-filter neck gasket, then water pump alternater moter mounts($400ea) fuel pump And relay(stuck on freeway) oil leak on distributor gasket seats crack oil leaks valve cover(numerous)and on cam seal oil burns and smells(must fix) harmonic balancer wheel to alt bad,(must replace) front wheel bjoints radio(cd trouble) I fix one thing then next week or day here comes another, boy, glad I'm blessed that I can fix my own vehicle! (I really ain"t finished)

Reliable!
By Mayra Holguin on 06/03/10 14:27 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

Hi there! I just wanted to share my personal experience in driving an Acura 2.5 TL 1996, in stating that it has been a reliable vehicle ever since I purchased it. I'm still driving this vehicle, and it still runs well.

Excellent after 200000
By kalz on 06/10/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

I bought my acura in 2007 from a private party with about 160,000 miles on it. Since then it's been extremely reliable, the only thing I have spent money on is brake calipers for rear left wheel. Other than that I have had no issues. My car has now 216000 miles on it and it still feels the same. I would highly recommend acura to anybody who wants to buy a used car.

Still Going Strong
By Kenny on 05/15/07 13:58 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2.5TL in 2001 with 27k miles. Now at 145k miles and car still is doing fantastic! Service it every 30-45k miles and this car should run for a while. I have no complaints with this car and hope to get a new TL someday. Hopefully not for another 100,000 miles!

Great Car!
By Chuck on 02/08/06 12:16 PM (PST)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

Without a doubt, this has been the best car that I have ever owned. I now have 197,000 miles on the car. The only thing that I have replaced on this car outside of normal wear and tear items, is the radiator and fan unit. That's it! This was my first Acura but you can bet it won't be my last.

Great car
By John on 05/14/05 21:02 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

Major maintenance service completed at 95,000 miles . Runs perfectly. I would recommend highly . Have a 2001 Mercedes E-320 wish I had the same realiability.

Best car I've had so far
By tjael on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

I bought this Acura in 1996 and it was a terrific car It has/had 157,000 miles on it. We had major maintenance work done at 100,000 miles, new belts, timing belt, etc. Other than that no major expenses. Just last week my teenage son totalled it, and at time of wreck the car was still running extremely well. Am now looking for another Acura to replace the TL.

The Perfect Car
By BB on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

I love this car! When I decide to trade this car in or sell it, it will be a sad day. I will looking at replacing it with a newer Acura TL version. This is my third Honda product and I am a loyal customer. I recommend the TL to anyone wanting a sports sedan with luxury elements at an economic value!

Acura
By Smith on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

Excellent Vehicle. Would buy another if they handn't changed the exterior. Very, very smooth ride and steering. Very responsive. Plenty of power.

Beautiful car!
By chrism on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 2.5 4dr Sedan

I love my Acura! Its a pleasure to drive, luxurious, and extremely reliable.