1999 Acura SLX SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (5 reviews )
Rare Find
By Lidio on 02/23/08 20:04 PM (PST)

1999 Acura SLX SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Great first SUV; great interior; perfect size engine; awesome off-road, little wobbly at highway speeds though; loves to drink gas, but big tank; phenomenal cargo space; never got the chance to use the heated seats, but of course a good feature; wood grain looked a bit fake, but nice touch for a rebadged Trooper; those rear doors are the best design EVER; primo stereo; love the foot room in the back and front, as well as the ride height; seemed to be a decent amount of undercarriage rust, but I suppose to be expected from an older truck; rear drive horrid on ice as I learned from experience; lost my SLX to a winter-related accident, the thing saved my life! This beast is as safe as a tank!

Great SUV
By room to spare on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura SLX SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Great vehicle, rugged, and comfortable. Great on long trips. Great in snow, and off road. Excellent fit and finish. I purchased this with 18k miles and now have 64k, with no problems. I like it better than the MDX. I drive my vehicles at least 150k and feel this one will make it with no problem. Still very tight, and wearing well.

Rugged Box
By mac85260 on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura SLX SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

The SLX is a true off road vehicle with ample cargo space. I've used it for hunting and for launching a boat from an unimproved ramp (beach). Visability is excellent. We've used it for family vacations and it will cruise all day at 75+. In spite of it's square shape is not adversely affected by cross winds.

Opinion Counts
By DEH on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura SLX SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Family likes the visibility and cargo space this vehicle offers. Center console can be a challange due to controls being too accessable to accidental engagement. Otherwise we like it.

Acura SLX
By Brice on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura SLX SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

It's a great SUV when you consider the marketplace. It's roomy, drives smooth, and able to go off road with no problem. It's a great value.