1998 Acura SLX - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Best car ever had.
By Bob on 04/08/10 15:19 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura SLX 4dr SUV 4WD

I just love the SLX. If you're looking for a reliable car this is it. This car has almost 200,000 miles on it and its still running great. All i've done on the car was change the oil the brakes and tires. I read some reviews saying that this car tips over very easily but trust me from the way i drive it I'm surprised that it hasn't tipped over yet. This is a great car compact from outside and extremely roomy in the inside. IF acura continued the production of this car, hands down i would have one. I currently drive a BMW but i still have the acura on the side for emergencies and I'm happy i never sold it since my BMW only gives me problems.

Still a great value & ride!
By Jewell on 11/29/06 08:09 AM (PST)

1998 Acura SLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Still own my 1998 canary teal blue SLX, still in great shape. I got caught in a wicked snow storm almost 2 years ago & went careening off the road. The vehicle remained upright & steady even though I ended up on the other side of the freeway & facing in the opposite direction! Still a great drive & ride!

Expensive Parts
By NH SLX on 09/04/05 08:53 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura SLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Until now, my SLX has held up very well and I planned to keep it for another five years. However, the crossover pipe from the head just went bad (small hole formed) and the cost of parts is too high, $3500 worse case if both pipes need to be replaced. Reason - limited supply/demand; not many SLXs were made so parts are expensive. I've never seen this pipe go bad on other cars; I recommend against buying a used SLX; spend your money on an MDX - I wish I had. I loved my SLX but it was a mistake made by Acura for which SLX owners will suffer.

Great quality and functionality
By Raliegh SLX on 03/22/05 20:29 PM (PST)

1998 Acura SLX 4dr SUV 4WD

5 years and almost no troubles to speak of. Very good quality. I wish I could say the same for my newer Volvo. Great space in the back, nice interior, huge sunroof. All and all, I recommend highly. A used one is surely a great value.

Cooling Problems
By apgaines on 12/23/04 15:33 PM (PST)

1998 Acura SLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Just bought this car and while driving it home from the dealer it overheated. I replaced the t-stat, and radiator due to dealer putting stop leak in motor to cover up bad head gasket or cracked head. It has been towed further than driven so far. I am taking it back to the dealer under the lemon law, and conditions not discovered during test drive. The engine is also an oil consumer I recently researched and found out on the web. Isuzu is not willing to repair this issue on models made prior to 2000, so drive with a few cases of motor oil when you go on road trips. I may be in for a long haul of repairs on this one.

Best Vehicle I have ever owned
By Oilfieldtruckguy on 06/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura SLX 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the best SUV ever made. It has plenty of cargo room, power, can actually go off road, and yet swadles the passengers with luxury. It is also tough and durable --- six years later, people ask me if it is the "new" Acura SUV, as no one has ever seen one.

Wow!
By HardDriver on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura SLX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my 1998 SLX for six years now. All I have ever done is put oil and gas in it -- nothing has ever broken, squeaked, or given any trouble. It is great and I highly recommend it to anyone.

GREAT TRUCK
By moneyg on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

GREAT TRUCK, NICE FEATURES, GREAT FEATURES, RELIABLE

Great SUV!!!
By Jewell on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura SLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Great truck, everyone who rides with me is amazed by the comfortable ride, the interior amenities. #1 comment is "It's like riding in a limousine!" Good looking truck, if you ask me.

Great SUV
By Chris S on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura SLX 4dr SUV 4WD

This thing is great. 4 wheel drives works well, and holds plenty of gear in the back. It does not handle like a BMW but no SUV does.