Spirited Driver
By Brett on
2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
This review is from the perspective of a "spirited" driver that didn't have enough money for a ferrari. Yet. Everything is as expected. Honda's reliability with Acura's fit and finish yields an excellent platform. The i-Vtec engine is really fun, even with only 155hp. The lightweight chassis makes it seem like much more. This car's fun-to-drive factor is through the roof, stable at high speeds, and very sure footed. On frigidly cold mornings there is a little chatter from the dashboard (mounting clips?) but goes away after the car warms up. Great in the snow. Car never bottoms out. I am disapointed about its gas mileage. I wasnt expecting 34 but 25 is about the best I can expect.
Favorite Features
I love the i-Vtec. I would buy one for my living room if I had the money. 2700lb helps this car soo much, 155hp feels more like 250. Very responsive, this car knows what you want to do before you do. The cupholder/tray/slider thing is pretty cool too.
Suggested Improvements
The brakes are terrable. Brake fade is prevelent from even just one stop from 75mph. Suspension is too cushy, stiffer springs and sway bars would help a lot. The tires are great all seasons but I will be buying performance tires once summer hits. A limited slip differential would complete this car.