2006 Acura RSX 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Know what you are buying.....

2006 Acura RSX - Consumer Review

Know what you are buying.....
By CarolinaRSX on

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have over 1000 miles on my 06 RSX- S. It's a great car so far. Took it in once already with a known problem in the front springs. The gearing is very close so be prepared to change them A LOT. Unless you want to whine the car out to 6K-8K rpm everytime, in every gear, you will be shifting 4 times by the time you hit 45mph. The car does pull hard to 8.1K rpm, but who wants to rev the engine that high ALL the time. The seats, radio, controls, styling are all fantastic. The handling is close to the Mini Cooper, but longer wheel base makes it ride better.

Favorite Features

Great handling, smooth ride for a compact. Great shift feel, I use it a lot so I know. 8100 RPM REDLINE, when you care to use it. 17in wheels look great. Not "cute" and not too boy-racer either. Acura warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Audio input jack like on the TSX for an iPod, COME ON!! Taller 6th gear for highway speeds. LSD, if you have to ask what that is, then you don't need it.