2006 Acura RSX 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Fast, Fun and Completely Comfortable

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Review

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fast, Fun and Completely Comfortable
By Steve Sherwood on

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I came to the RSX after finally deciding to retire my 1989 Acura Integra, which had 207,000 miles on it and was still going pretty strong. I can't say enough about my RSX. It's been even better than I anticipated. I considered the Honda Civic EX and the Scion but have been completely satisfied with my RSX. It's fast, fun and completely comfortable to drive, gets excellent gas mileage and has all those standard features that make Acuras such a solid bargain. Most of the online reviews mention that the RSX is not the fastest off the mark in first gear and that's true BUT it is more than fast enough! The car's a blast to own and drive, it makes me happy every time I get behind the wheel.

Favorite Features

Love the cushy leather steering wheel, the moon roof, the firm bucket seats, the powerful sound system, the red interior lights and dashboard display (all standard!) and just the overall feel of the car when you drive it.

Suggested Improvements

The instrumentation and dashboard display, while attractive, look a bit plastic and cheap compared to other interiors. And the design of the car makes it a bit difficult to check over your shoulder in terms of other cars, so there's a bit of a "blind" spot. But neither of these are major flaws.