2006 Acura RSX Consumer Review: Critical owner not disappointe

2006 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Review

Critical owner not disappointed
By HappyRSX-S on

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When this car debuted in 01, I knew I wanted one. Four years later and able to buy one I set out to fulfill my dream. It was hard not to rush in and just buy it but after visiting two different dealerships and driving two different cars (04 & 05), I knew it was what I wanted. I wanted a fun manual car. This is exactly that. The six speed is fun yet can be driven every day for commuting and for gas mileage (I get 28 with a 50 mile round trip commute). I wanted an attractive style that wasn't overpopulated on the road and I have seen 3 other Type-S's in the 3 months of driving I have done. I wondered if the happiness I felt when I first got it would wear off, it still has not.

The interior is comfortable for driver and the features work well. The perfomance of the car is beyond what I expected and it is hard to keep the car leashed up.

I bought the car without the intention of having anyone sit in the back for good reason, it just isn't big enough for above average height people. The ride comfort is exactly what I expected. It is meant to be sporty and therefore transmits more bumps then some might want to experience.