Used 2006 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

2nd RSX-S
By Cookinham

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A few weeks ago I turned in my 2003 RSX-S with 40,000 miles for a new 2006 RSX-S. The reason is clear, this is the best and most fun sports car I have ever owned. I want to keep that feeling for as long as I can, so I got a new one. Same color, silver, and everything else is the same. I have owned two Porsches and this is more fun more reliable and a lot cheaper to maintain. If you want a fun car that will not cost you an arm and a leg and that is highly reliable you should get an RSX.

Favorite Features

It has a rock solid feeling with plenty of zip. The interior is very nice and most practical.

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats. MP3 plugin. GPS.

Love it!
By sawjinx

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sold the SUV for more fuel efficient car and bought a 2005 RSX. I'm averaging 33mpg and not driving in the slow lane, if you know what I mean. Handles tight curves like a champ. A real head turner, too, but not overdone. No complaints. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and leather racing seats. The evil red interior light.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better audio. Heated seats.

Familiar yet new.
By dime5150

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2006 RSX. Mine had 3 miles on it and just came off the boat. The car is amazing. It is what the Civic should be and fills in the gap in the lineup. The car is beautiful. The headlights are not only beautiful but functional with great light splash on the road. The interior is very clean and well thought out. The seats are comfortable and attractive with racing inspired looks. The car doesn't scream at you like what the sport enthusiasts want (add aftermarket if you want that) but has that real classy look that will last. These things are hard to find even new. Leather is unneccesary as the cloth is perfect and reminicsent of the type r.

Favorite Features

The interior and comfort. I drove a WRX before this and it felt foreign to me. Being as I had a civic before, and this is based on the civic body, it felt oh so familiar but yet felt different. The exterior has an agressive front and stocky build. Looks awesome.

Suggested Improvements

I got black exterior with black interior which looks great. The beige interior just doesn't look all that great. Also they need to put more cloth int in circulation. Leather should not be on the base. Red exterior and beige interior? what are they thinking?

Luv my new RSX
By Rog

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My new RSX is everything I could hope for in a new car. Rides like a dream! The interior is so comfortable and all the knobs and buttons are very easy to get to and easy to understand. Even the engine compartment is well designed with lots of elbow room. And it's the sexiest car in the lot.

Favorite Features

Almost everything!

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is that the coin tray and cup holder can not be used at the same time. Not the best design for long trips on toll roads.

Enough is Enough
By Enough is enough

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

500 miles and the transmission has been replaced and I am still having the problem. I love the car but this is just insane!! You would think that Acura would recognize that this is a lemon and just replace the car, but it looks like I'm going to just go through the loops. I have spent less than 24 hours with my car since I bought it two weeks ago. This is an extreme case I know, but that still doesn't make my car safe and reliable. Acura use to be known for the craftsmanship of there products.. I hope that isn't going away with time. My advice wait and see if there is a recall or something before buying.

Favorite Features

Looks, It's an Acura!(I thought)

Suggested Improvements

needs better Audio.. It's not bad but Civics come with a better system..