Used 2006 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Amazing
By Matthew

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is very quick, and peppy. The 6th gear is a bit tricky getting into if you are not used to having a 6th gear. Acura also fixed the 3rd gear problem with the '05-'06 RSX Type S. It use to be notchy, or crunchy, but it is fixed now. The leather is very nice, and automatic climate control is a cery nice feature. The Bose upgrade is awesome!

Favorite Features

The 6 speed manual trasnmission is awsome and tight. Very sporty feeling.

Suggested Improvements

I wish that it had some heated seats, and both the driver and passenger had lower lumbar support.

My 05 RSX-S
By Acuraman

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my RSX on presidents day 2005. I have since put 40k miles on it, most of it drag racing at my local track. Its been down the 1/4 mile at least 150-200 times, pulling 1.9 60fts on Drag Radials and it never once complained one bit. It's as solid as the day I bought it, no squeaks, no rattles, no engine or transmission problems. When I'm bored of the track, I take it to the canyons and fall in love with it all over again, hearing that engine sing to me at 8000+ rpms while snicking through that perfect gearbox is heaven. This is absolutely the best car I've ever owned. ZERO PROBLEMS, rock solid reliability!!

Favorite Features

Engine/performance, appearance, great sound system, great leather and driving dynamics. Handling is great! 13.6@102mph in the 1/4 with I/H/E/Hondata! Just bolt ons and it responds incredible to modification.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe navigation, HIDs standard. Other than that, I can't think of much to improve on a perfect sports coupe!

Great Car
By kbballers

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Pros: Fun to drive. Great handling. Good gas mileage. Looks good Cons: Stiff ride but it is the price you pay for good handling. Small backseat but that is how a sports car is.

The Last Year RSX
By RR

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is a very cool looking and pleasure to driving Japanese coupe. The road noise is notified as a light weighted Japanese sporty car with a little harder struts system.

Favorite Features

A sexy appearance. Powertrain and handling. Warranty. Comfortable front bucket seats. Easy to use knobs. It's her last existing year, no more such economy Acura in the near future. A replacement - TSX coupe is likely to coming next year.

Suggested Improvements

Lack of semi-luxury equipments, such as remote garage opener, temperature indicator, road PC, and useful compartments. Some purchasing options would be helpful. Since it will be the last year model for RSX, donít expect any more.

Excelent Car for the Price
By Omar

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Used to drive a BMW 330ci coupe but decided to change after a relocation due to my work. I was looking to buy a long term car. I looked at various coupes to replace my "baby", and ended up with an RSX (wanted lower car payments). Although not a BMW, for the money, I do believe it is a great choice if you want a sporty car, without spending the big $$$. If you are in definite need for the performance, go for the Type S.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. good interior, good feel on the steering wheel. The transmission has guick gear changes while in manual mode. The seats are comfortable (I drive an hour to work every day). Overall good fun car to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo could definetely be improved.