Used 2006 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Road Noise
By Britt on 03/27/06 06:53 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

First off, the car is great, and everything you could ask for the money, HOWEVER, the road noise is horrible. The trunk and glove compartment rattle non-stop and the dashboard creaks when it is cold. I have taken it to the dealership 3 times and nothing has worked. I am thoroughly dissapointed in the overall quality. I was told that "its a commuter car and is noisy". If you don't mind the noise - buy it - if you do, run away fast.

NRH RSX S type at 4 Months
By Rosemary Eppa on 03/23/06 11:08 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Driven mostly in town, to and from work. No long trips yet. Very reliable, gets in and out of tight spots well. Great get up and go and great braking ability. Haven't really stepped on it yet but has plenty of horses to spare. Very tight gearbox. Fun to shift up or down. Wet or dry it's all good.

this car is great!
By typesnukka on 03/15/06 22:38 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i got this car about a month ago and i absolutely love it. its great to drive, nice and smooth, the bose is good, i listen to alot of rap and i love bass and although the sub it came with wasnt enough it still sounded great even though i added 2 12in subs in the back. performance wise, INCREDIBLE. this car shifts AMAZING, i love the sound the engine makes, revs high i like it. very VERY fast, 120 EASY. extremely enjoyable to drive. this car is very HOT, the ladies love it, and it stands out where ever you drive. i couldnt ask for a better car. i love my 06 rsx type-s and i wouldnt give it up for anything (maybe a ferrari but i would sell it and buy another rsx and keep the extra money 8-))

2006 Black Type S
By Carl on 03/07/06 10:46 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My Type S is fun to drive.The performance,quality and appearance are just what I was looking for.

Needs more
By Jenn on 03/02/06 16:52 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Looks great, very reliable, but for the money, this car needs MORE! I feel like I bought a hot car with stripped down basic features, but paid a lot because of the name Acura. And, geez, this car has no pick up whatsoever! I hit the gas and nothing!

Please Fixed it!!
By Nameless on 02/24/06 01:20 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Guys, Dun get this car if u are considering.. because you and your car will spend most of the time in the dealership. The car has a strut problem and never going to be fixed. And you probably heard rattle noise when driving on bumpy roads. The tires skid when accelerate... so.... Think again when buying RSX and RSX-S

Know what you are buying.....
By CarolinaRSX on 02/08/06 14:55 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have over 1000 miles on my 06 RSX- S. It's a great car so far. Took it in once already with a known problem in the front springs. The gearing is very close so be prepared to change them A LOT. Unless you want to whine the car out to 6K-8K rpm everytime, in every gear, you will be shifting 4 times by the time you hit 45mph. The car does pull hard to 8.1K rpm, but who wants to rev the engine that high ALL the time. The seats, radio, controls, styling are all fantastic. The handling is close to the Mini Cooper, but longer wheel base makes it ride better.

Like A Dream
By Langston on 01/26/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first car after owning a Chevy Cavilier and this car is fantastic. I live in Miami and have to be in traffic alot but when I get a break in the road- it zips right out of those tight spots and gets ahead of alot of the other cars. I have been able to get out of traffic where a larger Mustang will get left behind. I don't see alot of RSX's around and when I do I think they look really hot on the road. My friends love my car and I have been challenged to race several times on the road- but of course, I am a safe driver. ;) Overall- this car handles like a pro, it looks great and the chics love it. Black with tinted windows and all the fixings- it is the Intergra I always wanted.

Stellar Sportscar!!
By Adrian on 12/22/05 18:09 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I maintain my RSX and it has never left me stranded. Its performance increased by using the highest octane gasoline. It handles well on curves, corners, turns, etc. It is a quiet ride and moreso its comfort. The shape of the car is out of this world. When I drive, people look at my car and think of it as you would a Ferrari!! I love it...my RSX is my 'baby' and gets rewarded for its quality and superb handling!

RSX
By rjf1966 on 11/29/05 09:47 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have about 450 miles on my RSX, it is a well built car with great attention to details. The biggest suprise is the powertrain, it is very smooth and predictable, up to this point I was an old school guy in regard to bigger is better for engines. Yea my old Z28 would still run these new boy racers into the ground in a race but these cars are very refined and smooth. I love this car. Not one regret at all.