Used 2006 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

A great little car
By sundownlady

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car drives great has the handling capability and stability of a BMW. It seems its cruising speed is around 80 mph and is a real pleasure to drive. The fuel economy isn't that great, but perhaps if I maintained a "normal" speed it would be better. Bottomline, I Love IT!!

everything i expected
By robert

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

searched long time to replace my old car, this car was the result. originally i looked at the civic EX but it was only 1000 cheaper and i knew the acura service would be much better. the car goes quick, slight noise on rough roads, but on nicely paved ones very quiet. for 20000 wont find more reliable car w/2 liters + all std features of elec acc, cruise control,auto climate control, great recaro standard seats. i test drove manual found it to be geared tall. i liked the pickup of 1 and 2nd in the auto. didnt try the rsx-s because i need the mileage more than the acceleration, and the -S only comes in leather. leather tears eventually. my best city mileage 28, best hwy at 65mph was 44

Favorite Features

seats unbelievable. mileage quiet small go kart steering wheel steering ratio, powersteering.

Suggested Improvements

the stock tires are the cause of the slight noise i believe. will change brands need to check tirerack.com and find some highly rated quiet ones. hopefully the great turning go kart performance wont be compromised.

Spirited Driver
By Brett

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This review is from the perspective of a "spirited" driver that didn't have enough money for a ferrari. Yet. Everything is as expected. Honda's reliability with Acura's fit and finish yields an excellent platform. The i-Vtec engine is really fun, even with only 155hp. The lightweight chassis makes it seem like much more. This car's fun-to-drive factor is through the roof, stable at high speeds, and very sure footed. On frigidly cold mornings there is a little chatter from the dashboard (mounting clips?) but goes away after the car warms up. Great in the snow. Car never bottoms out. I am disapointed about its gas mileage. I wasnt expecting 34 but 25 is about the best I can expect.

Favorite Features

I love the i-Vtec. I would buy one for my living room if I had the money. 2700lb helps this car soo much, 155hp feels more like 250. Very responsive, this car knows what you want to do before you do. The cupholder/tray/slider thing is pretty cool too.

Suggested Improvements

The brakes are terrable. Brake fade is prevelent from even just one stop from 75mph. Suspension is too cushy, stiffer springs and sway bars would help a lot. The tires are great all seasons but I will be buying performance tires once summer hits. A limited slip differential would complete this car.

Road Noise
By Britt

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

First off, the car is great, and everything you could ask for the money, HOWEVER, the road noise is horrible. The trunk and glove compartment rattle non-stop and the dashboard creaks when it is cold. I have taken it to the dealership 3 times and nothing has worked. I am thoroughly dissapointed in the overall quality. I was told that "its a commuter car and is noisy". If you don't mind the noise - buy it - if you do, run away fast.

Favorite Features

The sportshifting offers a great sporty performance. The overall look of the car is very pleasing.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the road noise - from inside it sounds like you are in a cheap car, not an Acura, which claims to be a luxury brand. I understand that it is an entry-level model, but this is unacceptable.

Needs more
By Jenn

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Looks great, very reliable, but for the money, this car needs MORE! I feel like I bought a hot car with stripped down basic features, but paid a lot because of the name Acura. And, geez, this car has no pick up whatsoever! I hit the gas and nothing!

Favorite Features

The exterior of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more features and more pick up. I feel like I paid over $20000 for a hot car with the features and engine of a Geo Metro.