2006 Acura RSX Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2006 RSX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Sort Reviews by

Great car when it's not in the shop
By physast

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for less than a week and have put no more than 400 miles on the car and it has already had the transmission replaced and is in the shop again to fix the same problem. I realize this is an extreme case but it doesn't make things easier on me. I haven't had time to drive the car for fun except back and forth to the dealer to be fixed. Acura is working with me but in a extreme case like this they could replace my car or authorize the dealer to buy it back since it is obviously a lemon. My opinion. Wait to buy the new 2006 RSX till Acura can prove to stand by the cars and recognize a lemon and replace it. Acura can't catch every lemon but I shouldn't be punished for it!

Favorite Features

Looks, Rides smooth (except creaky struts which is being fixed I hope)

Suggested Improvements

Better audio maybe a MP3 cd player.

Baby Born to Run
By RSX 2005

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Acura after trading in a 2002 Civic. The civic has become small, drab, but excellent gas mileage. I went to view the Acura line; I was impressed with all models. I fell in love with a greenish/metalic gun color unique to any other care I had seen. The sale was very easy: the car sold itself: solid, sporty feeling and pickup; available in manual transmission with a leather interior or a beautiful tan microfiber seat/side interior. My test drive lasted 18 hrs as I moved from Austin to Nashville. At no time during the 1800 mile stretch did I feel cramped, the seat fit my body and was firmly attached to the body, something Civic lacked severely. Leather seats, who needed them..

Favorite Features

It is wonderful having a hatchback again; it provides an amazing amount of storage ability without disturbing the line of the vehicle which is really fine and sporty; the wheels are 16in with fantastic mags that came with the vehicle; firm leather wrapped steering wheel and great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Offer the larger engine on the RSX model; while the difference is not really felt until you are ready to exceed the speed limit, it may be an improvement; Needs the reg system like the big brothers have: on star and map traveling console. The auto has plenty of room to make this installation easily.