Used 2006 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Great for my tastes
By Jared

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Certainly a big step up from a '97 Explorer. Sporty feel in the suspension and more than enough power get off the line. Hardly any disappointments, except: no automatic headlamps, poor sound system, and sometimes the automatic doesn't respond after slowing below 20 mph. As for the lights, my explorer had them, so why not this? As for the sound system, there is no stock system that could ever compare to a decent after market system; and as for the throttle response, if it were a huge issue I would have gotten a manual transmission. As I said for the money, I don't think you could find a better car.

Sporty feel, racing style seats, overall stylish interior lay-out, great engine sound for a four-banger, 6.5" speaker housing (easy to put expensive speakers in).

Auto-headlamps, I'd like more horsepower, but then again what guy under 25 wouldn't.

Best car of the year
By art

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I think that this car is excellent and can be driven even by the unexperienced drivers. This car accelerates and handles great. I love it.

This car is meant for me, so I like everything about it.

If I would improve one thing about the car, it would be the speakers. If they were louder then it would be perfect.

Noisy & Cheap! Never Again!
By Hardy

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

The Acura RSX is the most overrated car in America. The car lacks any insulation resulting in road noise. You need a powerful stereo just to avoid hearing the road noise. That said, the stereo lacks any sounds quality. The "leather" seats are partially vinyl which crack very easily. The ignition lock is placed in the lowest part of the steering column. As a result, my legs hit the keys. The design of the door windows is really solid... not. When you roll up the windows, the side of the door moves. In short, the car has poor insulation, flimsy door windows, illogical ignition lock design, faux leather, and a front windshield that rattles. I will never buy an Acura again. Cheap car!

None.

Better location for ignition lock, more insulation, higher quality leather, better sound system, and less rattles. Also, this car needs an arm rest in the worst way. An Acura should never be designed without an armrest.

Fast, Fun and Completely Comfortable
By Steve Sherwood

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I came to the RSX after finally deciding to retire my 1989 Acura Integra, which had 207,000 miles on it and was still going pretty strong. I can't say enough about my RSX. It's been even better than I anticipated. I considered the Honda Civic EX and the Scion but have been completely satisfied with my RSX. It's fast, fun and completely comfortable to drive, gets excellent gas mileage and has all those standard features that make Acuras such a solid bargain. Most of the online reviews mention that the RSX is not the fastest off the mark in first gear and that's true BUT it is more than fast enough! The car's a blast to own and drive, it makes me happy every time I get behind the wheel.

Love the cushy leather steering wheel, the moon roof, the firm bucket seats, the powerful sound system, the red interior lights and dashboard display (all standard!) and just the overall feel of the car when you drive it.

The instrumentation and dashboard display, while attractive, look a bit plastic and cheap compared to other interiors. And the design of the car makes it a bit difficult to check over your shoulder in terms of other cars, so there's a bit of a "blind" spot. But neither of these are major flaws.

Great Car
By kbballers

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Pros: Fun to drive. Great handling. Good gas mileage. Looks good Cons: Stiff ride but it is the price you pay for good handling. Small backseat but that is how a sports car is.