2006 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
A Great All Around Choice
By Frank on 06/18/06 10:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I decided it was time to purchase a reliable car that would hold its value, Acura was my choice. The warranties, customer service and quality of these cars are second to none. I needed a daily driver that was sporty, reliable, held its value, and got great gas mileage at a good price. The RSX was all these things. I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I'm in Pa and averaging 31-32 mpg with a little spirited driving in that number. The car gives all its power in the 5- 7k rpm range. It's quite a sound at that rpm. I wanted the S-Type but the insurance premiums made it unrealistic, not to mention having to use Premiums gas. The 5-speed base RSX was the perfect compromise for me.

sweet
By ALEX on 05/24/06 13:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

When my father had purchased the 2004 rsx base model, i didn't like it. But once i drove it, my mind completely changed. The handling and agility impresed me right away. Its short length is deceptive for its roomy front seats. There is little back seat room, but im never back there anyway for me to care. I'm proud to own my 2006 Rsx.

Save fuel and have fun
By Roger on 05/24/06 10:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

The RSX is a great fuel efficent car with hatch back utility. My wife uses the car for commuting to work and shopping.the handling is quick and responsive. The engine and transmission are well mated with quick acceleration and a refined feel.A terrific car for the money. The only negative would be the road noise on bumpy roads

I looooove this car!!!!!
By Norma on 04/24/06 20:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is not only a beautiful car, it's also incredibly well built and fun to drive. I looooove my car, inside out. I love it so much- I don't mind paying $430.00 a month for it!

everyday rSx
By russmey on 04/22/06 11:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Its been a great experience to drive a car that can provide 160 hp with v-tech at only a few thousand rpm away.

A great little car
By sundownlady on 04/14/06 15:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car drives great has the handling capability and stability of a BMW. It seems its cruising speed is around 80 mph and is a real pleasure to drive. The fuel economy isn't that great, but perhaps if I maintained a "normal" speed it would be better. Bottomline, I Love IT!!

everything i expected
By robert on 04/10/06 08:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

searched long time to replace my old car, this car was the result. originally i looked at the civic EX but it was only 1000 cheaper and i knew the acura service would be much better. the car goes quick, slight noise on rough roads, but on nicely paved ones very quiet. for 20000 wont find more reliable car w/2 liters + all std features of elec acc, cruise control,auto climate control, great recaro standard seats. i test drove manual found it to be geared tall. i liked the pickup of 1 and 2nd in the auto. didnt try the rsx-s because i need the mileage more than the acceleration, and the -S only comes in leather. leather tears eventually. my best city mileage 28, best hwy at 65mph was 44

Spirited Driver
By Brett on 04/05/06 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This review is from the perspective of a "spirited" driver that didn't have enough money for a ferrari. Yet. Everything is as expected. Honda's reliability with Acura's fit and finish yields an excellent platform. The i-Vtec engine is really fun, even with only 155hp. The lightweight chassis makes it seem like much more. This car's fun-to-drive factor is through the roof, stable at high speeds, and very sure footed. On frigidly cold mornings there is a little chatter from the dashboard (mounting clips?) but goes away after the car warms up. Great in the snow. Car never bottoms out. I am disapointed about its gas mileage. I wasnt expecting 34 but 25 is about the best I can expect.

Road Noise
By Britt on 03/27/06 06:53 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

First off, the car is great, and everything you could ask for the money, HOWEVER, the road noise is horrible. The trunk and glove compartment rattle non-stop and the dashboard creaks when it is cold. I have taken it to the dealership 3 times and nothing has worked. I am thoroughly dissapointed in the overall quality. I was told that "its a commuter car and is noisy". If you don't mind the noise - buy it - if you do, run away fast.

Needs more
By Jenn on 03/02/06 16:52 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Looks great, very reliable, but for the money, this car needs MORE! I feel like I bought a hot car with stripped down basic features, but paid a lot because of the name Acura. And, geez, this car has no pick up whatsoever! I hit the gas and nothing!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.