2006 Acura RSX Consumer Review: 2005 RSX S is a Best Buy

2006 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Review

2005 RSX S is a Best Buy
By Greg on

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I used to have a 1999 Honda Prelude and I know how reliability is one for my biggest issues. Honda has proven to be one of the best reliable cars for the money. I drove the Prelude like I stole it on the regular. Now that I have the RSX S, WOW! This car is amazingly more fun to drive and revvs strong to redline. Most of my friends who own European cars love the high revvs to redline. This car handles like a champ for daily driving and is light enough to toss around for some fun times. The power to weight ratio is very close to the S2000 so it pulls very hard for a 4banger. I've read many posts about just adding an intake and race header and you're on your way to high 13's soon........

Favorite Features

The 6-speed shifter is very very slick. There's no effort shifting the gears at all, smooth as butter. 3rd gear need getting used to, but once you've got the shifting and revving down you've got one hell of a daily driving machine. The interior is beautiful with a luxury touch even with Titanium.

Suggested Improvements

I really have no complaints about the 2005 RSX S. The exterior is very clean and sleek. I like the 17inch rims and tires which improve the handling. The interior is pure luxury especially with the Titanium color. The engine and transmission are a beautiful pair. You have to test drive one!