2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (44 reviews )

2006 RSX Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
[violative content deleted]
By dilbones

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car for 3000 dollars less than the Blue Book value from a dealership in the Philadelphia Area. It came with 70,000 miles and it was in wonderful condition. The exterior flows-- it's designed so well and it looks so sexy! It's so smooth. By the way, mine's red. ;) I like simplistic interiors similar to that of the '98 Hondas. My family has owned four generations of Accords, and I love the older looking interiors. This car's interior is simplistic, yet futuristic, and that's why I love it. The slip angle at all four corners of the car was designed perfectly, and with MacPherson Struts, I was surprised at how perfectly this car corners. Fast, sexy, and reliable. 5 stars

Favorite Features

The K20Z engine with 210 horsepower stock has plenty of torque for a four-banger with great gas mileage. Revs so smoothly throughout the whole RPM range. The suspension, including the MacPherson Struts. The simplistic, yet futuristic interior. The sexy exterior with its aggressive styling.

Suggested Improvements

None.

By Brian

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car in every way, very fun to drive, some road noise but its still a sports car so whatever. No problems since i bought it, car has 20k more miles and runs like the day it came out of the factory.

Favorite Features

Whole Car, lol.

Suggested Improvements

Acura not making this car anymore, or something even similar to the Integra.

Good overall value for the money
By Ed

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car has a nice combination of fuel economy, reliability and performance. That said, it does have some negatives. Mine came with red paint that after 4 years was severely faded. Had it repainted. I'm 6' and of average build and weight and found the seats very uncomfortable. I'm also an upholsterer. I rebuilt and reupholstered the seats in a faux suede (were leather). They are now comfortable. Like most Hondas, excessive road noise. I completely removed the interior and applied sound deadening materials. This insulated the cabin to outside noise, but road noise will still be transmitted into the cabin. The project goal: create a luxury sport coupe. Goal shortfall: road noise.

Favorite Features

Push down (way down) on the accelerator on a curvy road and it goes where you point it. Fuel economy with performance. Nicer exterior design as compared to the Si, its sibling. A friend said "your car looks like its going fast" (it was parked at the time).

Suggested Improvements

My main complaint would have to be the the inherent road noise. I think that this is a problem that Honda needs to address in many of its vehicles. In my opinion, if they do that, there won't be any better value for the money.

Fantastic all round sports car
By David Lee

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am a mature driver and really enjoy the performance AND practicality of this vehicle. I've owned the Civic Hatch, Honda Accord, this one is my favorite by far! - with two small kids, they easily fit into the back and think that the car is a riot. - the hatchback proves invaluable on trips to Home Depot and running errands. Lots of room for sports gear! - when I feel the need for speed, IVTEC gets me up to an illegal speed in short order, and the handling is superb - Fuel economy is pretty good even if you occasionally open it up. - the interior is well appointed and has an upscale feeling Now the bad: - due to the sporty suspension, there is the occasional dash rattle

Favorite Features

- good mix of performance/ fuel economy - low nvh/ quiet interior - lots of performance parts for the DC5 (if you're into that stuff) - can't think of a replacement car that I would buy right now...

Suggested Improvements

- audio in connector for stereo - can't think of anything else...

Great car overall
By Honda Guy

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car overall. A few minor set backs. Water would leak into the rear taillights before update was performed. The sunroof is extremely loud and sends hurricane winds into the car when open since it opens outward and not into the body. Your rear passengers will hate that Special feature but its funny. Due to these cars stiff sport suspension they do rattle a lot since they are rough over bumps, small bumps are the worst. Now for the good stuff. By far the most fun car I've ever owned. Always fun, always exciting from day 1 to day 1275. The ride feels very stable and secure. Power: your friends won't believe its only a 4 cylinder. As a Honda employee for over 9 years this is a great car.

Favorite Features

I love the all red dash in this car. The exterior color Vivid Blue Pearl in stunning in this car. The steering wheel has a very race car feel to it and the seats won't let go of you no matter what. The Bose six disc cd changer has super full and clear sound. Perfect car - no. Great car - yes.

Suggested Improvements

I definitely would get a better set of tires than the bogus Michelin MXM4 they come with. Bridgestone is the way to go with this car. A little more interior padding would help with the rattling inside specially near the windshield and the rear window. Blue HID headlights improved the Acura look.

By Sean

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my White Pearl RSX Type-S back in 2006 right before they were discontinued. I unfortunately have to trade in due to expecting child...I love this car and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys and would appreciate a fun, reliable compact sports car. Acura really hit the nail on the head with the exterior design. My only complaint is the 201 bhp. If it had around 260 bhp I would have been much happier so I could smoke those cheap SS cobalts and SRT- 4's you see all over the road. In all the car is great and I am sad to see it go. If I could I would definitely keep the car. Sound system is unbelievable; handling is great; car is just perfect to drive since I put 30k/yr on it.

Favorite Features

Exterior, Bose Sound System, High Revs

Suggested Improvements

More bhp, more low end torque, more tech options (navi, blue tooth, basically options you can get in other Ac's).

Doesn't get any better for the money.
By Reggie

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I leased this vehicle in March 2006 and is due back this upcoming March, so plenty of time with the car. Great looking, reliable, quick little car. I have the black pearl and it looks beautiful when clean. 17" wheels support the handling. This car handles unlike any other I have ever driven. 210 HP and still getting over 30 MPG on the highway with Bose 7 speaker system. $275 per month well spent. Never had an issue with it through the 37k it has to date. Back seat it kinda tight so I don't recommend it for a family vehicle or if plan to have friends in and out. Seats keep you nice and firm when driving but not the greatest to take a lunch time nap in during work hours. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

210HP, I-Vtec Engine. Bose system. 17" wheels. Climate control. Superior handling. 6 speed tranny. 5 cupholders. Get an intake and leave the stock exhaust for an awesome sound during vtec crossover.

Suggested Improvements

None. If there were any then the car would be $30k instead of $24k.

Best Lookin Bang for your buck!
By MiKoLoR

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

So much fun to drive. The fastest N/A 2.0L inline 4 on the market. I love corners and quarter miles but hate speed bumps, steep driveways and large pot holes. Amazingly reliable and takes the beating of burnouts and high revs! 8100 RPM redline!

Favorite Features

Underdog domination! My CAI and race headers pulled all the power out.

Suggested Improvements

A stock navigation and turbo would of made this car wayyy too dopey. Nothing else can be improved upon hence the discontinuation of the RSX/Integra. Baddest ride around 20k on the market.

By Brandon

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The RSX type S is a great all around car. The exterior looks awesome. Engine is great. Has plenty of power in the top end. The midrange suffers. Interior design is nice. It's a simple design, but I still like it. Sound system is great. I wouldn't change anything about it. Transmission is one of the best I've driven. Throws are quick and light. Great feel. Pedals are good for heel-toeing. Brakes are nice and strong. Seats are awful. They support you well but will hurt you after about an hour. This car feels nice and solid, is pretty fun to drive. Plenty of interior storage space. Hatch has plenty of room for luggage and other junk.

Favorite Features

The acceleration is decent. In the top end though this is a blast to drive. Transmission is beautiful. Very little effort to move the shifter; the throws are quick and precise. Handling is pretty nice. Feels sharp and light around the corners. Simple interior design. Love it.

Suggested Improvements

More low end power would be nice. SEATS! I've sat on concrete benchs that are more comfortable. Anything after an hour, and you will hurt. They are supportive but they do wear on you. No center arm rest makes cruising somewhat difficult.

Awesome car!
By Tomcat01

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have been driving this car every day for about months and haven't had to take it to get worked on once. While having a good amount of power you get good fuel mileage, can't beat that.The baking power is amazing the car will stop on a dime The RSX holds its value witch is good. This is my first car and I feel i made the right choice.

Favorite Features

Power!! sun roof, brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Turbo