Used 2006 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura RSX Type-S

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (45 reviews )

No problems at all
By Thomas Daly

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new and have only to replace the battery. 85,000 plus miles and no tune-up or plugs needed yet. Normal oil changes every 5,000 miles are my only expense so far other than a set of tires. Best car I have every owned - period!

Favorite Features

Engine screams to 8k rps - truly a pocket rocket and great gas mileage too.

Suggested Improvements

LED headlights

[violative content deleted]
By dilbones

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car for 3000 dollars less than the Blue Book value from a dealership in the Philadelphia Area. It came with 70,000 miles and it was in wonderful condition. The exterior flows-- it's designed so well and it looks so sexy! It's so smooth. By the way, mine's red. ;) I like simplistic interiors similar to that of the '98 Hondas. My family has owned four generations of Accords, and I love the older looking interiors. This car's interior is simplistic, yet futuristic, and that's why I love it. The slip angle at all four corners of the car was designed perfectly, and with MacPherson Struts, I was surprised at how perfectly this car corners. Fast, sexy, and reliable. 5 stars

Favorite Features

The K20Z engine with 210 horsepower stock has plenty of torque for a four-banger with great gas mileage. Revs so smoothly throughout the whole RPM range. The suspension, including the MacPherson Struts. The simplistic, yet futuristic interior. The sexy exterior with its aggressive styling.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Great Car
By Brian

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car in every way, very fun to drive, some road noise but its still a sports car so whatever. No problems since i bought it, car has 20k more miles and runs like the day it came out of the factory.

Favorite Features

Whole Car, lol.

Suggested Improvements

Acura not making this car anymore, or something even similar to the Integra.

Good overall value for the money
By Ed

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car has a nice combination of fuel economy, reliability and performance. That said, it does have some negatives. Mine came with red paint that after 4 years was severely faded. Had it repainted. I'm 6' and of average build and weight and found the seats very uncomfortable. I'm also an upholsterer. I rebuilt and reupholstered the seats in a faux suede (were leather). They are now comfortable. Like most Hondas, excessive road noise. I completely removed the interior and applied sound deadening materials. This insulated the cabin to outside noise, but road noise will still be transmitted into the cabin. The project goal: create a luxury sport coupe. Goal shortfall: road noise.

Favorite Features

Push down (way down) on the accelerator on a curvy road and it goes where you point it. Fuel economy with performance. Nicer exterior design as compared to the Si, its sibling. A friend said "your car looks like its going fast" (it was parked at the time).

Suggested Improvements

My main complaint would have to be the the inherent road noise. I think that this is a problem that Honda needs to address in many of its vehicles. In my opinion, if they do that, there won't be any better value for the money.

Fantastic all round sports car
By David Lee

2006 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am a mature driver and really enjoy the performance AND practicality of this vehicle. I've owned the Civic Hatch, Honda Accord, this one is my favorite by far! - with two small kids, they easily fit into the back and think that the car is a riot. - the hatchback proves invaluable on trips to Home Depot and running errands. Lots of room for sports gear! - when I feel the need for speed, IVTEC gets me up to an illegal speed in short order, and the handling is superb - Fuel economy is pretty good even if you occasionally open it up. - the interior is well appointed and has an upscale feeling Now the bad: - due to the sporty suspension, there is the occasional dash rattle

Favorite Features

- good mix of performance/ fuel economy - low nvh/ quiet interior - lots of performance parts for the DC5 (if you're into that stuff) - can't think of a replacement car that I would buy right now...

Suggested Improvements

- audio in connector for stereo - can't think of anything else...