Used 2006 Acura RSX Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

No more acuras/hondas for me
By dan

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used only to have problems with it since the day i bought it. First when i got my first tire rotation the stud broke it wasn't a big deal then water kept getting into my tail light and the dealer said it had a bad seal. After that the struts went bad. Then finally around 40,000 miles the motor had a catastrophic failure. A rod bent causing two 3" holes in the block and basically they said it needed a new motor which would cost 10,000 dollars to install. And since the dealer could not find what caused it they said the warranty would not cover it. So i just simply let them have the car back bc i wasn't paying for a piece of junk car.

Favorite Features

Nice Look

Suggested Improvements

Better warranty

Great Sports Car
By David

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great, pretty fast for a 2.0L inline four. Quick on the acceleration and grabs corners like a magnet, rides smooth even over very deep pot holes and high speed bumps. At top speed is pretty smooth and stable along with shifting the whole way, pretty good for a 5M base but there's always aftermarket for those days when you wanna get up and go. Did lack a couple of interior options and design for an Acura but still being a sports car, it's awesome. I would recommend for any driver, guess thats why after I bought mine, I now know 5 people who recently bought one as well. Can't go wrong with a Honda.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, transmission and engine, fuel economy. Great for stock but if you're an auto enthusiast then there's a lot of aftermarket parts for this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

HID and audio system w/ navi, I placed aftermarket HIDs and work a lot better than stock. I also placed an aftermarket DVD/navi system to replace the stock stereo and fits great with a little mods but looks like it was meant to be there.

Great first sports car
By Keith

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for a first sports car. It has plenty of power and handling. This thing takes turns beautifully. Shifting is smooth. There is also a lot of aftermarket parts for it.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, shifting, plenty upgrades that are available.

Suggested Improvements

More interior features. Wish I got the type-s

Fast, Fun and Completely Comfortable
By Steve Sherwood

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I came to the RSX after finally deciding to retire my 1989 Acura Integra, which had 207,000 miles on it and was still going pretty strong. I can't say enough about my RSX. It's been even better than I anticipated. I considered the Honda Civic EX and the Scion but have been completely satisfied with my RSX. It's fast, fun and completely comfortable to drive, gets excellent gas mileage and has all those standard features that make Acuras such a solid bargain. Most of the online reviews mention that the RSX is not the fastest off the mark in first gear and that's true BUT it is more than fast enough! The car's a blast to own and drive, it makes me happy every time I get behind the wheel.

Favorite Features

Love the cushy leather steering wheel, the moon roof, the firm bucket seats, the powerful sound system, the red interior lights and dashboard display (all standard!) and just the overall feel of the car when you drive it.

Suggested Improvements

The instrumentation and dashboard display, while attractive, look a bit plastic and cheap compared to other interiors. And the design of the car makes it a bit difficult to check over your shoulder in terms of other cars, so there's a bit of a "blind" spot. But neither of these are major flaws.

A Great All Around Choice
By Frank

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I decided it was time to purchase a reliable car that would hold its value, Acura was my choice. The warranties, customer service and quality of these cars are second to none. I needed a daily driver that was sporty, reliable, held its value, and got great gas mileage at a good price. The RSX was all these things. I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I'm in Pa and averaging 31-32 mpg with a little spirited driving in that number. The car gives all its power in the 5- 7k rpm range. It's quite a sound at that rpm. I wanted the S-Type but the insurance premiums made it unrealistic, not to mention having to use Premiums gas. The 5-speed base RSX was the perfect compromise for me.

Favorite Features

Screaming engine at 5-7k rpm, awesome gas mileage, solid suspension with great handling, moon roof, power windows, locks, mirrors, heated side mirrors, hatchback with fold down seats, great warranties & customer service.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power in the lower rpm range, larger rear sway bar.