2006 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
No more acuras/hondas for me
By dan on 02/04/10 09:48 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used only to have problems with it since the day i bought it. First when i got my first tire rotation the stud broke it wasn't a big deal then water kept getting into my tail light and the dealer said it had a bad seal. After that the struts went bad. Then finally around 40,000 miles the motor had a catastrophic failure. A rod bent causing two 3" holes in the block and basically they said it needed a new motor which would cost 10,000 dollars to install. And since the dealer could not find what caused it they said the warranty would not cover it. So i just simply let them have the car back bc i wasn't paying for a piece of junk car.

This is no Honda Civic
By Scotty on 01/06/10 17:48 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I was pleasantly surprised by the cars handling and performance. It's a 5 speed Tiptronic automatic with a 2.0 L4 Vtec engine. The car also handles great and easy to make lane changes. Since the car is pretty light, it doesn't need a huge displacement engine to make it go fast, although a turbo would be nice aftermarket upgrade for those who had the type-s model. I don't usually like 4 cylinder engines, but this one is quite a bit larger than most (Most are 1.6 L). It's also quite a bit torquey for one as well (can get it to squeal on brisk acceleration). The '05/'06 Models have the upgraded lighting and wheels which give it more of a luxurious look then previous years.

An Acura, but not a luxury car.
By schmack on 11/30/08 20:28 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought an '06 RSX on a lease return. Great condition and lots of fun to drive on my 8-mile commute on a bendy highway, but it lacks some pretty basic features like a remote hatch release. I've owned Hondas exclusively since I turned 16 and each one, even my old '83 Accord SE, had a lever to pop the trunk from the driver's seat. The plastic sun visors feel cheap, and there's not as much storage for odds and ends as I'd like. Overall, I prefer the interior of my previous '98 Accord EX coupe for features but the leather seats offer great support and comfort in the turns. Engine and performance in the RSX blow the Accord away. Better mileage and acceleration? Well worth the price.

Great Sports Car
By David on 08/19/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great, pretty fast for a 2.0L inline four. Quick on the acceleration and grabs corners like a magnet, rides smooth even over very deep pot holes and high speed bumps. At top speed is pretty smooth and stable along with shifting the whole way, pretty good for a 5M base but there's always aftermarket for those days when you wanna get up and go. Did lack a couple of interior options and design for an Acura but still being a sports car, it's awesome. I would recommend for any driver, guess thats why after I bought mine, I now know 5 people who recently bought one as well. Can't go wrong with a Honda.

Rock solid car.
By Farage on 07/24/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I live in New York City and as an everyday commuter sitting in heavy traffic, the automatic makes perfect sense. It is a great looking car and very comfortable for 2 people. The handling is excellent and the sequential sportshift 5 speed is tons of fun. It is a little underpowered but that is why there is a Type-S. I upgraded to the 17 inch wheels from the type-s for better handling. The stock 16s lack style in my opinion.

Great first sports car
By Keith on 06/09/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for a first sports car. It has plenty of power and handling. This thing takes turns beautifully. Shifting is smooth. There is also a lot of aftermarket parts for it.

By Joe Millhouse on 08/20/07 06:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

One of the most fun vehicles to drive. Bought new from dealership in February '07. Excellent gas mileage, 90 percent highway miles. I recently walked away from a very serious accident with only 2 minor scratches. The safety features in this car saved my life. Wish this car was still being produced, would buy again without hesitation.

My favorite car so far
By Benjamin on 04/27/07 12:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. I love the handling, I love the suspension, I love the looks, but one thing this car lacks is power - the base model's measly 155 hp just isn't cutting it. Otherwise the car is great. Better gas mileage and more comfortable seats could help (my backside hurts after long road trips).

2006 Acura RSX
By jules88 on 04/23/07 20:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for a little more than half a year and I love it. It's fun to drive, it looks hot, and has great acceleration. I wish I got it manual, though, and in black (too hot in miami). It is a bit expensive, but it has great resale value, so I'm not complaining. I love that it's small and compact. And I love how guys wanna race me but then when they see I'm a girl, go away. =P Leather is comfy and remains so even after 5 hours of driving. I changed my rearview mirror ... it's a lot wider and I can see EVERYTHING.

Love This Car
By Jess2112 on 04/12/07 17:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car to have. I drive it all the time just to drive it. It's quick and very responsive. Nothing in the car is less appealing now than it was when I bought it, i.e., leather is still in great condition, etc. This is by far my favorite car.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.