Used 2006 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

No more acuras/hondas for me
By dan

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used only to have problems with it since the day i bought it. First when i got my first tire rotation the stud broke it wasn't a big deal then water kept getting into my tail light and the dealer said it had a bad seal. After that the struts went bad. Then finally around 40,000 miles the motor had a catastrophic failure. A rod bent causing two 3" holes in the block and basically they said it needed a new motor which would cost 10,000 dollars to install. And since the dealer could not find what caused it they said the warranty would not cover it. So i just simply let them have the car back bc i wasn't paying for a piece of junk car.

Favorite Features

Nice Look

Suggested Improvements

Better warranty

This is no Honda Civic
By Scotty

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I was pleasantly surprised by the cars handling and performance. It's a 5 speed Tiptronic automatic with a 2.0 L4 Vtec engine. The car also handles great and easy to make lane changes. Since the car is pretty light, it doesn't need a huge displacement engine to make it go fast, although a turbo would be nice aftermarket upgrade for those who had the type-s model. I don't usually like 4 cylinder engines, but this one is quite a bit larger than most (Most are 1.6 L). It's also quite a bit torquey for one as well (can get it to squeal on brisk acceleration). The '05/'06 Models have the upgraded lighting and wheels which give it more of a luxurious look then previous years.

Favorite Features

05-06 models have much better looking rear and front headlight assemblies. Internal Annetta. Leather Sport Seats. Sport Shift mode, ability to easily remove stock radio. Hatch and cargo space, very generous headroom. Perceived reliability, luxury name plate, and no tuneups for 100k miles.

Suggested Improvements

The stock radio (non-bose)system is a joke. I'm not a radio aficionado or anything, but it's very dry sounding for such a sporty looking car. Car would of been much more powerful if they dropped in a 2.4L 4 banger instead of the 2. Fortunately both trims still get V-tech. Bad blind spot.

An Acura, but not a luxury car.
By schmack

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought an '06 RSX on a lease return. Great condition and lots of fun to drive on my 8-mile commute on a bendy highway, but it lacks some pretty basic features like a remote hatch release. I've owned Hondas exclusively since I turned 16 and each one, even my old '83 Accord SE, had a lever to pop the trunk from the driver's seat. The plastic sun visors feel cheap, and there's not as much storage for odds and ends as I'd like. Overall, I prefer the interior of my previous '98 Accord EX coupe for features but the leather seats offer great support and comfort in the turns. Engine and performance in the RSX blow the Accord away. Better mileage and acceleration? Well worth the price.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, sports-shift automatic.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a hatch release lever, or a popper button on the key fob.

Great Sports Car
By David

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great, pretty fast for a 2.0L inline four. Quick on the acceleration and grabs corners like a magnet, rides smooth even over very deep pot holes and high speed bumps. At top speed is pretty smooth and stable along with shifting the whole way, pretty good for a 5M base but there's always aftermarket for those days when you wanna get up and go. Did lack a couple of interior options and design for an Acura but still being a sports car, it's awesome. I would recommend for any driver, guess thats why after I bought mine, I now know 5 people who recently bought one as well. Can't go wrong with a Honda.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, transmission and engine, fuel economy. Great for stock but if you're an auto enthusiast then there's a lot of aftermarket parts for this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

HID and audio system w/ navi, I placed aftermarket HIDs and work a lot better than stock. I also placed an aftermarket DVD/navi system to replace the stock stereo and fits great with a little mods but looks like it was meant to be there.

Rock solid car.
By Farage

2006 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I live in New York City and as an everyday commuter sitting in heavy traffic, the automatic makes perfect sense. It is a great looking car and very comfortable for 2 people. The handling is excellent and the sequential sportshift 5 speed is tons of fun. It is a little underpowered but that is why there is a Type-S. I upgraded to the 17 inch wheels from the type-s for better handling. The stock 16s lack style in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior styling, transmission, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Stock 17s, HIDs and a bigger back seat.