2006 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
No more acuras/hondas for me
By dan on 02/04/10 09:48 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used only to have problems with it since the day i bought it. First when i got my first tire rotation the stud broke it wasn't a big deal then water kept getting into my tail light and the dealer said it had a bad seal. After that the struts went bad. Then finally around 40,000 miles the motor had a catastrophic failure. A rod bent causing two 3" holes in the block and basically they said it needed a new motor which would cost 10,000 dollars to install. And since the dealer could not find what caused it they said the warranty would not cover it. So i just simply let them have the car back bc i wasn't paying for a piece of junk car.

Great Sports Car
By David on 08/19/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great, pretty fast for a 2.0L inline four. Quick on the acceleration and grabs corners like a magnet, rides smooth even over very deep pot holes and high speed bumps. At top speed is pretty smooth and stable along with shifting the whole way, pretty good for a 5M base but there's always aftermarket for those days when you wanna get up and go. Did lack a couple of interior options and design for an Acura but still being a sports car, it's awesome. I would recommend for any driver, guess thats why after I bought mine, I now know 5 people who recently bought one as well. Can't go wrong with a Honda.

Great first sports car
By Keith on 06/09/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for a first sports car. It has plenty of power and handling. This thing takes turns beautifully. Shifting is smooth. There is also a lot of aftermarket parts for it.

Fast, Fun and Completely Comfortable
By Steve Sherwood on 12/22/06 23:53 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I came to the RSX after finally deciding to retire my 1989 Acura Integra, which had 207,000 miles on it and was still going pretty strong. I can't say enough about my RSX. It's been even better than I anticipated. I considered the Honda Civic EX and the Scion but have been completely satisfied with my RSX. It's fast, fun and completely comfortable to drive, gets excellent gas mileage and has all those standard features that make Acuras such a solid bargain. Most of the online reviews mention that the RSX is not the fastest off the mark in first gear and that's true BUT it is more than fast enough! The car's a blast to own and drive, it makes me happy every time I get behind the wheel.

A Great All Around Choice
By Frank on 06/18/06 10:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I decided it was time to purchase a reliable car that would hold its value, Acura was my choice. The warranties, customer service and quality of these cars are second to none. I needed a daily driver that was sporty, reliable, held its value, and got great gas mileage at a good price. The RSX was all these things. I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I'm in Pa and averaging 31-32 mpg with a little spirited driving in that number. The car gives all its power in the 5- 7k rpm range. It's quite a sound at that rpm. I wanted the S-Type but the insurance premiums made it unrealistic, not to mention having to use Premiums gas. The 5-speed base RSX was the perfect compromise for me.

Spirited Driver
By Brett on 04/05/06 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This review is from the perspective of a "spirited" driver that didn't have enough money for a ferrari. Yet. Everything is as expected. Honda's reliability with Acura's fit and finish yields an excellent platform. The i-Vtec engine is really fun, even with only 155hp. The lightweight chassis makes it seem like much more. This car's fun-to-drive factor is through the roof, stable at high speeds, and very sure footed. On frigidly cold mornings there is a little chatter from the dashboard (mounting clips?) but goes away after the car warms up. Great in the snow. Car never bottoms out. I am disapointed about its gas mileage. I wasnt expecting 34 but 25 is about the best I can expect.

Needs more
By Jenn on 03/02/06 16:52 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Looks great, very reliable, but for the money, this car needs MORE! I feel like I bought a hot car with stripped down basic features, but paid a lot because of the name Acura. And, geez, this car has no pick up whatsoever! I hit the gas and nothing!

love it
By tina on 11/09/05 14:15 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

bought this for gas mileage (30 mpg/city & hwy combined) & reputation of Acura/Honda. Rear is mostly for stuff/doggies. Fun to drive/6100 miles & no problems. Car is used for work- great manueverability/turnarounds/tight spots. Good acceleration for hwy entrance. Sunroof is far forward so recommend a visor. Aftermarket arm rest avail for between front seats - would be nice if it was easily available. Not a family car. Trunk liner is a must have. Hope Acura looks at Hybrid model in the future as it would be great!

Chic, sporty...
By kristy on 10/17/05 23:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

...dependable, affordable, fun, fast, attractive, just awesome!!!

Enough is Enough
By Enough is enough on 09/11/05 00:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

500 miles and the transmission has been replaced and I am still having the problem. I love the car but this is just insane!! You would think that Acura would recognize that this is a lemon and just replace the car, but it looks like I'm going to just go through the loops. I have spent less than 24 hours with my car since I bought it two weeks ago. This is an extreme case I know, but that still doesn't make my car safe and reliable. Acura use to be known for the craftsmanship of there products.. I hope that isn't going away with time. My advice wait and see if there is a recall or something before buying.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.