This is IT!
By AU DC5 on
2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I am absolutely THRILLED with my new RSX. I got the sporty type S. The 6 speed is incredibly smooth and easy to drive. This is my first manual transmission and I've had no trouble. The engine is extremely powerful producing over 100 hp per liter (a very impressive engineering feat). Leather recaro seats are awesome. 6 disk bose cd system is very nice. Power at 5500 rpm's all the way up to the 8000 rpm redline is astounding for an engine this small. Will outrun pre 99 mustang GT's and runs nearly neck and neck with the pre 05 mustangs. Not bad considering they have an engine HALF the size of the ponycars! This car is a dream for the budget minded driving enthusiast!
Favorite Features
Too hard to pick just 1! The styling is sooo much sexier than the earlier model and like I mentioned earlier, the power and handling of the car is beautiful.
Suggested Improvements
Traction is a problem. Acura needs to use a quality limited slip differential to at least cut down on wheel spin at high rpm shifts. If you shift into 2nd gear or 3rd gear at redline, expect wheel spin and wheel hop. Also, I think better tires could probably solve this problem.