2005 Acura RSX 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - The definition of a sports

2005 Acura RSX - Consumer Review

Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

The definition of a sports car
By Jack on

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love driving this car! I was first I little skeptical about purchasing this car since this would be my first manual transmission. I learned to drive stick in this car with ease. The handling is impeccible and there is plenty of power to boot. The best part about this car is the backing of the aftermarket. There are tons of parts out there to customize the car to your liking. The car is very sporty, but also looks very elegant. This car has the most standard features compared to it competitors including auto climate control and an in-dash 6CD changer. In all this is a great car, just watch out for misshifts, it's very easy to misshift the car especially from 5 to 4 and ending up in 2nd.

Favorite Features

The cockpit is centered around the driver, everything you need is at your fingertips. 2005 redesign places this car more firmly in the Acura Lineup and adds 10 HP.

Suggested Improvements

The Bose system is weak on bass, but an aftermarket sub makes it sound way better. Xenon HID's and a limited slip differential like those found on the Japanese Type-R would've been nice as well.