RSX S-Type- Not Just for Kids
By Matthew M. on
2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I've owned the RSX S-Type since Dec 1, 04. I took my wife's TSX in for an oil change and test drove the RSX while I was waiting. I went back the next day and bought the RSX. The general manager asked who the car was for. I said for me, do you think I'm too old (55 at the time). I love it. It is by far the most fun car to drive I have ever had and the most sporty. The sport does add a much stiffer suspension than some may like but for handling you can't beat it. It loves the on ramps to the interstate and the faster you drive it the better it sticks. The higher the revs the better and it will fly in the higher rev range. Best car in this class for the money, period.
Favorite Features
The excellent handling, the high revving engine, sports car looks, nice ergonomically correct interior, easy to use. The hatch back is great. Never thought about the utility of it until we moved last summer. With the seats down you can haul alot of stuff and still have a slick looking sports car.
Suggested Improvements
It needs an outside temp gauge and a power drivers seat. Fog lights would also be nice. When you open the hatch on wet days it does allow water in. Automatic in the S-Type would be a nice option for some. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd is sometimes rough in first mile. But no mechanical problems at all.