Excellent!!
By dendron on
2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
What a shame Acura has decided to discontinue this model beyond 2006! The RSX -- especially the Type-S -- is major bang for the buck. Grab one before they're gone. I owned a 2002 Type-S, which I loved, until the refinements of the 2005-06 were introduced... then I had to trade. My 2005 is a noticeable improvement over the earlier varsion. A very nice blend of luxury, economy, and performance for under $25K. Several reviewers have complained about the rough ride. This is primarily due to the crappy Michelin touring (M+S) tires Acura shackles this car with from the factory. An upgrade to a set of oversized General UHP summer tires TOTALLY transformed this car for me. BIG difference!
Favorite Features
Lilliputian sized leather-wrapped steering wheel, i-VTEC rush @ 6000 RPM, precision handling, decent mileage for a performance vehicle, tasty Bose sound system, comfy and supportive seats, surprisingly roomy cargo area, looks smart, and... it's a blast to drive!
Suggested Improvements
Moot point, they ain't makin' em any more. Bad decision Acura!! It leaves a gaping hole in your lineup, despite the RDX. What about the Integra heritage, man? O.K., so now I have to get a Civic Si. Naw, I'll just keep the RSX and add tuner bits as we go. Watch those tail lights Civic Si!!!!!