2005 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
05 purchase
By diver on 01/06/05 12:52 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've been extremely happy with my 05 rsx type-s. The car is very refined, has more than adequate performance for a regularly aspirated 2 litre 4 cyl, reasonably comfortable for a performance sports coupe and has great fuel economy to boot. I waited for the 05's to come out as I wasn't thrilled that the 04's still had 16" wheels and a little too much road noise. The changes for 05, although relatively minor, were enough for me to forgo the 04.

This is IT!
By AU DC5 on 12/31/04 17:42 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am absolutely THRILLED with my new RSX. I got the sporty type S. The 6 speed is incredibly smooth and easy to drive. This is my first manual transmission and I've had no trouble. The engine is extremely powerful producing over 100 hp per liter (a very impressive engineering feat). Leather recaro seats are awesome. 6 disk bose cd system is very nice. Power at 5500 rpm's all the way up to the 8000 rpm redline is astounding for an engine this small. Will outrun pre 99 mustang GT's and runs nearly neck and neck with the pre 05 mustangs. Not bad considering they have an engine HALF the size of the ponycars! This car is a dream for the budget minded driving enthusiast!

Great Little Car!
By Racehorse on 12/30/04 12:36 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Perhaps the best small car I have owned! Built tight, like a little watch. Performance, handling, steering, visibility, power, quality, Honda put it all together on this one. A blast to drive. Goes exactly where you point it. Accelerates good just running up to 6000 rpm, but then you've got 2000 more on top of that!

Better than most of its competitors.
By Jose on 12/29/04 00:02 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car will definitely blow most competitor's doors off, especially in the price-to-equipment ratio. A similarly equipped Toyota Celica GT-S will cost you $4000 more and still be outrun by the Type-S. New for '05, this car now pumps out 210hp, without any turbo. Torque is broad across all RPM ranges; the Celica's narrow powerband was disconcerting, especially during passing. Performance, good fuel mileage (24/31), and reliability are this car's strong points. Keep in mind, though, this car requires premium fuel, but that's a small price to pay for such a performer.

Love the car but Acura is good at hiding
By huntersdl on 12/27/04 12:12 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The 2005 has Tranny issues just like the last ones... They didnt redesign the 5th and 6th syncro to be smoother... the truth is they had and still have poorly designed syncros.. my 2002 had a 2nd gear grind... they replaced it with 2005 carbon syncros... it eliminated the grind in 2nd now 3rd and 4th have a grind.... 3rd will not go into gear sometimes... and you think it is but then it pops out and grind! I have talked to Hendrick mechanics and all the 2005's have the same problem with 3.... they all tell you to wait and push the clutch in all the way.. but that shouldn't be the way it is... its a great car otherwise . no other problems... Acura needs to step up to the plate!

It's worth the money!
By Kamster888 on 12/24/04 11:31 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my car 12/18/2004 and it was worth the wait and money. The overall design and layout of the car is just so intuitive. Sure there are things lacking such as navigation, HID headlights, and an armrest, but I'm just so pleased with the overall vehicle I can overlook the shortcommings. The performance is good enough for me with the 5 speed auto although I haven't got on it because I'm still breaking it in. I'm surprised how smooth the car rides and it's fairly quiet. I have an 2001 Acura CL Type S and to me the only difference is in the power and the interior quality, rich and soft materials for the headliner, dash, door, and other surfaces. Overall, it's worth the money!

My first car
By aaron on 12/22/04 16:17 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the first car i've bought with my own dinero, and as such u could imagine that a lot of thought went in to it. I was looking at the 2005 Ford Mustang first of all but when I went to the Acura dealership and sat down in the type-s, well i knew then and there that this was the car i wanted. drove it out of the park the same day.

S2000 with a Backseat
By Samantha on 12/07/04 22:39 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have been a fan of the RSX since it was introduced a fews years back. I used to work for Honda and have had the opportunity to drive rival models. The 2005 RSX awesome in performance and reliability without sacrificing style or the economy. The new Type-S is an amazing machine! With over five thousand dollars in upgrades this year, driving this one in juxtaposition to the 2004 is like night and day. A couple of days before I bought my Nighthawk Black Type-S, my mother testdrove one and loved it so much she traded in her year-old Si for a Jade Green Type-S. Acura has made a shocking 360 with their designing. All the new Acuras are as beautiful as they are breath-taking on the road.

A REAL IMPROVEMENT!
By Soloseeker on 12/01/04 23:22 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Having owned an 04 RSX previously,I can say the changes for 05 are quite noticeable improvements. Finally, an all around terrific car now with comfortable seats, a ride that doesn't pound your brains out over broken pavement, and is quiet on the highway. Better brakes and quicker and lighter steering make the car almost perfect. I happen to like the new headlights, and, (believe it or not) they actually look similar to those in the new RL, and more importantly, they do a better job of illuminating the road. I think they dumped those cheap sounding speakers, and even gave the horn a more European tone. With the 05 improvements, I can't think of anything to complain about.

luv my rsx
By tinosbabe on 12/01/04 21:13 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car. The new model looks like it comes with a body kit.I hope it performs as well as my old Integra.