2005 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
WOW
By TCraftyL on 05/01/05 09:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just got my RSX a few weeks ago, and WOW! It's perfect for someone who wants a hot sports car but not something overly flashy. I was worried that the 160 horsepower engine wouldn't give me as much "go-power" as my last, 190 horsepower car, but that's not a problem. This little thing can go! I would have like to get the Type-S instead with 210 horsepower, but unfortunately I didn't like the wheels OR the spoiler that comes factory installed on the Type-S. Acura should consider changing them or making them options. To sum it up - this car is hot!

Acura RSX
By Michelle Stanley on 04/11/05 14:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is a fine car for the price. It is fun to drive and the sportshift feature is a fun feature.

Awesome
By Freddy on 04/03/05 22:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my newly purchased RSX because it is extremely fun to drive and quite fast. I have fun driving anywhere I go. The car itself makes most of my friends jealous. Great gas economy and reliable.

I'm in love with my car!!
By Nita on 04/02/05 08:47 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I drive by people, they don't stare. I guess to them the RSX looks plain or ordinary. It's hard for me to understand!! I think it's a beautiful, classy, sports car!! Not only is it beautiful outside, but the inside is so comfortable, great quality, and it is fun to drive! I bought the base model, with leather interior and manual transmission. I think this model has more than enough power for me. I am not going to drive on a racetrack and I have a heavy foot as it is and don't want to get any speeding tickets!!! The automatic climate control works great and as long as your not going to always transport people in the back there is plenty of room in this car.I love it!!

Pocket Rocket
By Alex on 04/01/05 20:53 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just purchased my first car out of college and I decided on the RSX type S Magnessium Gray with Titanium interior. I recieved the car with only 2 miles and no one touched it or drove it I am picky with my cars. So far I am very happy with me purchase and look forward to many miles taken it to the redline. If you are in a budget and want a decent and fun car this is it the competition to this car is not worth mentioning since for me it is in its own class. Try one and really get on it and see what you think then drive the not so good contenders.

Like my RSX
By Johnsogk on 03/27/05 10:14 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I get lots of compliments from people who see my car, which IS a lot of fun to drive. My only complaint is that I don't like the spoiler, which impedes my vision when backing up. I really like the fact that practically everything is standard, making it easier to buy and know the price.

FUN AND CUTE
By Christine 568 on 03/21/05 17:26 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

If you want a fun and cute sports car that it not outragiously expensive, the RSX is the perfect car. It handles great and with the price of gas, you can't beat the gas milage. It also gives you the option of shifting gears for those times when you need a little more pick up.

if you wanna know
By lilinfo on 03/21/05 14:54 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had mine for about 4 months. So far so good no major complaints. You get enough performance upon demand and Acura really tried to give you more comfort. I had 2000 Integra and with 2005 I have more fun with out the back pain after some imperfect roads that I fail to avoid. Also this car has the best clutch. You drive any other manaul car than drive this car and drive the other car again. You will think that other car has broken clutch. I noticed some owners mentioning about some gears grind and I also had this problem once in a while. I thought I was not shifting properly but this might be a problem. Mostly in the mornings when engine is cold.

Fun, dependability and good looks
By CHAZ on 03/19/05 14:16 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Have had this car for 10 months, and I love every bit of it. Color (Milano red) great choice, fast for a 4 cylinder, sleek looking, interior is snug unless you’re a small family. Seats just hold you in while steering and dashboard is easily accessible.

Pimp my ride
By RSX Speed on 03/19/05 11:19 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is one amazing ride. I have taken it on 400+ mile trips and felt very comfortable. Shifting is a bit sticky when the weather is colder, but the car warms up quickly and has no problem after that. Very small back seat is hard to hold more than 3 people. But when you are alone and not worried about passenger comfort (nervous girlfriends especially), the steering and curves are at your control. It really is a performance drivers dream for the price.