Used 2005 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Most Helpful|
It's worth the money!
By Kamster888

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my car 12/18/2004 and it was worth the wait and money. The overall design and layout of the car is just so intuitive. Sure there are things lacking such as navigation, HID headlights, and an armrest, but I'm just so pleased with the overall vehicle I can overlook the shortcommings. The performance is good enough for me with the 5 speed auto although I haven't got on it because I'm still breaking it in. I'm surprised how smooth the car rides and it's fairly quiet. I have an 2001 Acura CL Type S and to me the only difference is in the power and the interior quality, rich and soft materials for the headliner, dash, door, and other surfaces. Overall, it's worth the money!

Favorite Features

I like the new, cloth seats, they are more comfortable than previous generations. I'm a big car audio nut and this car is "aftermarket stereo friendly" no weird openings for the headunit and speakers and 110 amp alternator. Decent gas mileage 25/34 with decent HP/torque 160/141.

Suggested Improvements

Nicer materials for the interior surfaces of the doors, dash, and hoodliner. That hard plastic stuff screams cheap.

Buy It!
By Dee

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking at any of the competitors don't even bother. This car rocks! It is fun to drive and has the Acura quality that others can't compete with. This car is practical to drive everyday, but is still fun and kicks it when you need to. I would say that the only negative is the size. Some of my taller guy friends are really crammed when riding in it. I have had Civics, Accords, Eclipse, and none compare to this car. I can honestly say, you will never regret it if you buy and RSX.

Favorite Features

Peppy engine. Fun to drive. Small and compact.

Suggested Improvements

The ride is a bit stiff, but who cares....?

Even
By David Rector

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the care but it has allready had a new Motor put in it and there are alot of rattiling in the dash but overall the car is fun to drive and the fuel economy is great so over all I would Rate and allright car

Favorite Features

The sporty look

Suggested Improvements

Find out why the dash Rattles so much

My RSX Problem
By Rylan

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I loved the car when I bought it, but within the last 6 months, it has been in the dealership 6 times for sunroof/suspension problems. I just want it to drive without thumping or clunking over a bump!

Favorite Features

The overall styling of the car, and I love the seats

Suggested Improvements

Suspension, Suspension, Suspension!!! Also, they should stop skimping on things like manual seat controls, hard plastic door panels and the climate controls.

Bought it brand new. Amazing Car
By nateprice

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it off the lot in 2005. Have had it for 193000 miles. The only thing I've had to replace is the rear calipers which siezed up at 150,000 miles. Still have the original clutch. No other repair costs. And I drive this thing HARD... Brakes last, tires last, amazing gas mileage. 5 spd manual is fun, 160 hp engine could be a bit beefier. Type S isn't that much faster and requires premium. Friend has type s, He barely accelerates faster up to 60 mph. From 60+ the Type S really accelerates better. Handles amazing! Take turns fast with confidence and ease. Steering is responsive

Favorite Features

Handling, Interior design, Seats are comfortable and don't break down, reliability. High revving, good sounding motor. Cold air intake makes it sound amazing... I love the red lighting. It is brilliant at night and is easy on the eyes. Most durable car ever. Nothing breaks on it. Honda really knows how to make cars. Had a 1995 accord previous to this with a ton of miles and no problems on that either... Might try infiniti for my next car, but something tells me I'll be coming back to honda...

Suggested Improvements

Auxiliary port for music, more horsepower... It is not good in snow, probably because it is so light... Upside to that is you can push it out yourself... Not a lot of technology. Some rattles, and kind of a noisy ride. I like the stiff suspension, but on Michigan roads it can be an annoyance at times.