2005 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
My Acura
By Cheslie on 06/14/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This car is amazing, especially on turns. The only area that I could criticize would be acceleration going up bridges, other than that...it's PERFECT! lots of room too.

I Love This Car
By Arieno on 06/10/05 09:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car. I was driving a 1987 Chrysler LeBaron because I never found anything new that would compare to its styling and handling until I found this.

RSX IS A GREAT BUY
By Alex on 06/02/05 11:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This cars is my second honda purchase, my first being a civic dx in 99. I love veything about honda's reliability with my first car and now the RSX Type S has added great handling, incredible pick up, great high end speeds, and an appearance second to none. I would suggest this car to anyone who really enjoys driving a little too fast a little to often. As far as maintance i have had none which is right in line with honda's reputation. GO BUY IT TODAY!!

Die hard GM man converted by my RSX !
By GRNTYPE-S on 05/28/05 08:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Im 51 and this is the 1st import I have ever owned. The car is amazing! The ride is smooth and the road feel is taught, but not "stiff". You can nail the gas pedal and hear it just come to life like a wild animal or take it out for a quite cruise at 70 while playing Motzart. The body style is unlike anything else on the road. And the quality and attention to detail is unsurpassed at this price. The Chevy Cobalt Supercharged version is in the same price range. But look closely... it doesnt hold a candle to the quality of the RSX Type-S.

Great sporty coupe
By Richard on 05/28/05 00:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Not much interior space to work with, but that's what you get with a sporty coupe. Great handling and steering and interior leather. A pleasure to drive.

RSX NON-type S!
By Bill on 05/20/05 08:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! It's the perfect combination of fun to drive and all around comfort for the daily commute. At first I was skeptical because the good press has surrounded the Type S version. However, if you need a fun to drive car that is comfortable for commuting (and every day life outside the track world), the standard RSX model is the way to go. Opt for the leather to take the comfort level up a step further. Also, the standard RSX model does not need premium fuel- the Type S does. So at an average of 27 MPG (city), that's one more accolade the automotive media has missed on this little brother of the Type-S.

2005 Acura RSX Type-S
By Eddie Strzalkowski on 05/15/05 12:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Acura RSX Type-S is a great ride if you can drive a 6 speed manual. This car not only has 210 HP it has a V-Tec engine which really gives it a boost. Everytime you shift you feel like you have control of the car and it is so efficient you can even make the ride smoother than automatic. The ride is great, it sticks to the ground. With my Pearl Blue 2005 Acura RSX-S I ran a 14.8 second quarter mile at the track, stock. The car is completely reliable so far, has an awesome 6 disc CD player right in the front(not in the trunk). My brother also has a Pearl Black 2005 Acura RSX-S and it looks sharp also. Many people underestimate this vehicle. Test it out for yourself. It's worth every penny.

My Acura
By Liz on 05/13/05 13:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the first Acura I have ever bought and I love it. I will continue to purchase Auras from now on. I highly recommend the Type-S which is compared to the Type-R from Japan. This can is smooth in the turns and allows for some great driving capablities.

A compact delight
By Old Sport on 05/03/05 09:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I owned a '90 Integra that was an excellent fun to drive car that got handed down to both my kids. The '05 RSX-S is twice a much fun to drive. The handling is exemplary, the smooth, high-revving engine gives sensual pleasure to everyday driving, and the 6-speed transmission is impressively precise in shifting. Those that complain about the transmission might be happier driving M-1 tanks for the First Armored Division. This is a well- executed, high-spirited, 2+2 sports coupe at a very fair price. It gives the most pleasure when it is driven with skill - not flogged like a dirt bike.

Silver Rocket!!
By Tom on 05/02/05 10:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

A fantastic car! Amazing performance from a 4 cyclinder engine (and good fuel economy as well). Short-throw 6 speed is perfect. Build quality is exceptional. Feels tighter than a drum. Stock stereo is quite good as well. Perfect car for those who want great performance but don't want the higher fuel costs and "boy racer" looks of some of the others.