2005 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (70 reviews )
Pocket Rocket
By Alex on 04/01/05 20:53 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just purchased my first car out of college and I decided on the RSX type S Magnessium Gray with Titanium interior. I recieved the car with only 2 miles and no one touched it or drove it I am picky with my cars. So far I am very happy with me purchase and look forward to many miles taken it to the redline. If you are in a budget and want a decent and fun car this is it the competition to this car is not worth mentioning since for me it is in its own class. Try one and really get on it and see what you think then drive the not so good contenders.

if you wanna know
By lilinfo on 03/21/05 14:54 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had mine for about 4 months. So far so good no major complaints. You get enough performance upon demand and Acura really tried to give you more comfort. I had 2000 Integra and with 2005 I have more fun with out the back pain after some imperfect roads that I fail to avoid. Also this car has the best clutch. You drive any other manaul car than drive this car and drive the other car again. You will think that other car has broken clutch. I noticed some owners mentioning about some gears grind and I also had this problem once in a while. I thought I was not shifting properly but this might be a problem. Mostly in the mornings when engine is cold.

Pimp my ride
By RSX Speed on 03/19/05 11:19 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is one amazing ride. I have taken it on 400+ mile trips and felt very comfortable. Shifting is a bit sticky when the weather is colder, but the car warms up quickly and has no problem after that. Very small back seat is hard to hold more than 3 people. But when you are alone and not worried about passenger comfort (nervous girlfriends especially), the steering and curves are at your control. It really is a performance drivers dream for the price.

RSX fun
By jose quintero on 02/26/05 03:05 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchasing my RSX is the best decision I've ever made. Driving it is as fun as riding a roller coaster only the car has a fantastic stereo system. NO regret whatsoever. This is definately THE IMPORT KING!

Not too shabby
By ElecDave on 02/19/05 15:21 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought my 2005 Acura RSX two weeks ago, and this is by far my favorite car I have owned. I went with the Type-S and all I can say is WOW! It has amazing power for looking like such a small car, and only having the 2.0 liter.

A Very Tricked-Out Ride
By robert_s on 02/11/05 09:28 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've been driving this car for about a week now and I love it. It feels very solid and well constructed. It is definitely a street racer, although I did not buy it for that reason. The suspension is very firm and the car handles very well in general as it is built low to the ground. But as much as I like it, everyone else around me seems to love it even more--neighbors, co-workers, etc., have all profusely complemented me on it. I had already placed an order for a Chevy Cobalt SS but it wasn't ready in time. This was about the same price and I think I did better with this--and it isn't a Toyota like everyone else has. Overall, I think it's a lot of car for the money.

Great car, but not German
By xxaarraa on 02/09/05 13:20 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My first Japanese car. I have had German cars all along and really wanted a Bimmer. But being just out of college, only Acura was willing to finance me so went and bought the Type-S. The single biggest selling point about this car is how it easily satisfies the dual role of daily driver and sports car. Most of the days, I just shift at 3000 around town, but on weekends when I take it on the freeways, I go all the way up to 7000 and still dont hit redline. It gives a very decent 22 mpg in the city and an astounding 30+ on the freeway. Don't expect a Mustang will give you that much and be as reliable as a Honda! Oh, the resale was another big draw. No other sports car, including Toyotas are good

A+++
By jajr12345 on 01/16/05 22:42 PM (PST)

great capability of modification engine power at 275na

great car
By RickC on 01/06/05 21:54 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great all around car. Fun to drive!!

I love this car
By Rich on 01/06/05 20:36 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my RSX Type-S. Whether I'm driving to the supermarket or across the state it is the one of best cars I have ever driven.