Used 2005 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

WOW
By TCraftyL

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just got my RSX a few weeks ago, and WOW! It's perfect for someone who wants a hot sports car but not something overly flashy. I was worried that the 160 horsepower engine wouldn't give me as much "go-power" as my last, 190 horsepower car, but that's not a problem. This little thing can go! I would have like to get the Type-S instead with 210 horsepower, but unfortunately I didn't like the wheels OR the spoiler that comes factory installed on the Type-S. Acura should consider changing them or making them options. To sum it up - this car is hot!

Favorite Features

The appearance (exterior and interior) and the fact that Acuras are actually made by Honda which means they will last forever.

Suggested Improvements

The doors don't automatically lock when you start driving or automatically unlock when you turn off the car - my Prelude had that feature and I loved it.

Acura RSX
By Michelle Stanley

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is a fine car for the price. It is fun to drive and the sportshift feature is a fun feature.

Favorite Features

The temperature regulation and the sportshift. The speedometer panel is an impressive feature and really makes you feel like you are in a race car.

Suggested Improvements

It just does not have a automatic trunk opener, but that is not that big of a deal. Also, do not have the option for anything like On Star.

Awesome
By Freddy

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my newly purchased RSX because it is extremely fun to drive and quite fast. I have fun driving anywhere I go. The car itself makes most of my friends jealous. Great gas economy and reliable.

Favorite Features

Nice red interior lights

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower and more torque.

I'm in love with my car!!
By Nita

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I drive by people, they don't stare. I guess to them the RSX looks plain or ordinary. It's hard for me to understand!! I think it's a beautiful, classy, sports car!! Not only is it beautiful outside, but the inside is so comfortable, great quality, and it is fun to drive! I bought the base model, with leather interior and manual transmission. I think this model has more than enough power for me. I am not going to drive on a racetrack and I have a heavy foot as it is and don't want to get any speeding tickets!!! The automatic climate control works great and as long as your not going to always transport people in the back there is plenty of room in this car.I love it!!

Favorite Features

climate control, leather seats, 2 A/C ports,has a place to install my Sirius Satellite radio gently to lower dashboard, large storage area in back, lots of drink holders.

Suggested Improvements

I miss an outside temperature gauge, and the carpeted mats could be thicker and of better quality.

Like my RSX
By Johnsogk

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I get lots of compliments from people who see my car, which IS a lot of fun to drive. My only complaint is that I don't like the spoiler, which impedes my vision when backing up. I really like the fact that practically everything is standard, making it easier to buy and know the price.

Favorite Features

The moonroof and the climate control system inside. It is great to not have to keep readjusting the A/C and/or the heat.

Suggested Improvements

Add a compass/thermometer built-in.