2005 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (70 reviews )
Adrenaline Rush
By Nauman on 09/21/05 04:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

as far as performance is concerned, its got more then enough for any stupid ticket your trying to get. after 3k revs this car jumps to life like nothing else. stock/ it will hang with v8's. i have just under 8k on mine, no mods except the subs, and no real racing experience. this car managed to pull me out of a deadly situation on the highway at over 120mph. it also destroyed countless red light revvers. has gotten an otherwise ordinary man tons of attention. and has people wondering what my hurry is. if you wanna know what a cheap thrill really is, go out and get one of these bad boys...

Type S
By Trader on 09/13/05 04:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Ive put 3600 miles on and have had no problems. This car is so fast, loves to rev. Seems like the car is begging you, "come on push me, ive got plenty more power for you"! The stereo sounds great and who wouldn't love zipping through those 6 gears. Seems like the cockpit was designed just for me. And the sound of that exhaust at high revs, wow. I'm sold on Acura.

Great car, great price
By Tom on 09/03/05 06:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Definitely worth the money. Had it for about 2 months now and still can't wait to get in and drive. Im in love with the interior design and the handling. My car only has 850 or so miles on it so I haven't taken it over 4000 revs yet. Haven't seen what this baby can really do. Lovin it so far.

WOW!
By Gar' on 08/23/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

One-week owner; Red(!);10 year Prelude veteran (higher torque, lower hp); weekend trip over 12,348' mt pass, both ways; 34.8 mpg actual!! Went to test an Accord EX V6--never did. This little devil is a MONSTER! Hugs the hairpins, powers out of curves, quick, precise & easy brakes, and FUN! Never touched the rev-limiter. 200 miles for 5.7 gallons of gas. Worth it. Recommended.

Great car
By stereo5 on 07/26/05 15:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned many cars in my 32 years of driving, the 2005 RSX Type S is the BEST car I have ever owned. The car is very quick, very quiet and extremely reliable and fun to drive.

The definition of a sports car
By Jack on 07/13/05 16:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love driving this car! I was first I little skeptical about purchasing this car since this would be my first manual transmission. I learned to drive stick in this car with ease. The handling is impeccible and there is plenty of power to boot. The best part about this car is the backing of the aftermarket. There are tons of parts out there to customize the car to your liking. The car is very sporty, but also looks very elegant. This car has the most standard features compared to it competitors including auto climate control and an in-dash 6CD changer. In all this is a great car, just watch out for misshifts, it's very easy to misshift the car especially from 5 to 4 and ending up in 2nd.

very fun and sporty car to drive
By David on 07/11/05 21:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car revs nice. Drives fast on freeway. Very good gas milage. Handles great for stock suspension.

Great car but needs minor improvements
By Gerard on 07/10/05 13:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had an '04 that creaked and groaned with body flex and some other problems as well so the dealer bought it back from me and sold me this one. Much improved structure, smoother ride (with bigger wheels), infinitely more comfortable seats, the boy racer rear wing is finally gone, and the exhaust note is better. This is one fun car to drive and knowing it's a Honda, it'll last. 0-60 time cut from 6.3 to 6.2? awesome! Build quality has been improved and it's look isn't so animated. Still very irked that there is no center armrest, no XM option, can't play MP3's, and no express up/down on passenger side.

Best import you can get today
By D Lankford on 07/01/05 09:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What can I say that hasn't been said already? Most amazing 4 cylinder engine ever built (105 hp per liter), near indestructible 6 speed, effortless clutch, excellent brakes with pratically zero fade after heavy braking, recaro designed leather seats, extremely compitent suspension that exhibits both incredible stablilty when driving agressive and maintains a civilized ride on long road trips and still manages high 20's mpg on the interstate. Don't gripe about creature comforts. This car was not built for that. If you want fancy interior and power everything, buy a TSX or TL. The K20 engine responds VERY well to mods. An intake, header and ECU tune will have you outrunning domestic V8's.

God's gift to the sport compact scene
By 05 Black Type S on 06/27/05 17:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is an absolute dream. I picked my 05 Black Type S up for invoice price! The Type S has what feels like an endless supply of power. I drove from Chicago to Indianapolis right after I bought it, and had problems keeping it under 90mph, it just wants to get up and run. I love the attention this car brings... I'm a single 23 year old male, and I don't mind the looks I get from girls who see/hear the Type S. It's fast, and looks classy... almost like a baby Ferarri.