Used 2005 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Impressive
By ddgreen33

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I traded in our 2003 S2000 for this car and we're glad we did. With the power that comes with the RSX I guessed the MPG would more than likely be around mid- 20s... but it stayed in the 30s. Best coupe out there... that I test drove.

Stereo, comfort, MPG, get up and go horse power.

Time for a new exterior design. The current one is kind of blah. Scratch the Type-S and give the base model 30 extra horses. The spoiler should be standard.

Solid
By krachon

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Overall a great ride. Fast, smooth and fun when on the road. I am on the road driving everyday for work and the RSX makes the driving much more tolerable.

The outside look is my favorite and the leather seats inside.

There is a pretty big blindspot. And it would be nice to see a radio control on the steering wheel. My dads Prius even has controls on the wheel.

Well worth the money!
By James

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I guess I really have no room for comparison, but this car is great. I went from a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee to a 2005 RSX and it really has exceeded my expectations. The drive is so smooth. I have an automatic with the sports shifter. The sports shifter is the best thing ever. I can treat the car like a stick, but if I get tired of it, I can go back to auto. Also when on the highway when trying to pass cars, I can switch to manual and drop it into 3rd and zip past everyone. Very good performance. Great exterior. I don't see how they can say itís forgettable; itís by far one of the most memorable cars in my mind, thatís why I bought one! Inside is sleek and clean. Never been happier!

I really enjoy the interior. The AC vents can be push closed, flush with the dash. Driver seat comes with the lumbar support for your back and a height adjustment feature. Nothing is cluttered, very sharp.

Only thing I would change would be the backlight for the dash. Itís a harsh red, but you get use to it, but I wouldn't mind if it was a softer color perhaps, maybe a blue? But thatís a personal preference. Other than that, great car!

Great girls car
By A Dad

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the 05 RSX in Jade Metallic for my daughters 17th birthday, her first car. She was not disappointed and neither am I. Easy to handle great to drive and very dependable. Price was not bad either. The S type would have been great for me but as a first car the 2.0 auto with sport shifting is just what the doctor ordered for a young inexperienced teenage girl driver

Interior, the leather is very comfortable and easy to care for. Looks are awesome. Easy to drive.

In dash 6 CD Changer. Power seating. Steering wheel controls for radio / cd player. Locking gas door.

Buy It!
By Dee

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking at any of the competitors don't even bother. This car rocks! It is fun to drive and has the Acura quality that others can't compete with. This car is practical to drive everyday, but is still fun and kicks it when you need to. I would say that the only negative is the size. Some of my taller guy friends are really crammed when riding in it. I have had Civics, Accords, Eclipse, and none compare to this car. I can honestly say, you will never regret it if you buy and RSX.

Peppy engine. Fun to drive. Small and compact.

The ride is a bit stiff, but who cares....?