2005 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (71 reviews )
Great car
By lovetodrive7 on 09/09/07 21:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

If you liked the prelude SI you will love this car. It builds upon and improves on everything that made the prelude (back in its day) fun and special to drive. Great handling in the mountains, fun to drive, and suitable as a daily driver. Engine and 6-spd transmission add to the enjoyment. Much more fun to drive than the Accord EX coupe.

Excellent!!
By dendron on 09/02/06 21:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What a shame Acura has decided to discontinue this model beyond 2006! The RSX -- especially the Type-S -- is major bang for the buck. Grab one before they're gone. I owned a 2002 Type-S, which I loved, until the refinements of the 2005-06 were introduced... then I had to trade. My 2005 is a noticeable improvement over the earlier varsion. A very nice blend of luxury, economy, and performance for under $25K. Several reviewers have complained about the rough ride. This is primarily due to the crappy Michelin touring (M+S) tires Acura shackles this car with from the factory. An upgrade to a set of oversized General UHP summer tires TOTALLY transformed this car for me. BIG difference!

Fast Junk
By Time 4 a change on 07/07/06 09:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had a 2002 RSX base that I loved. Then got hit by a red light runner which wasted the car. I went out and bought a 2005 Type S thinking it would be even bette. WRONG! This thing is junk. I've had it in the shop more times that I can remember. The struts have been fixed/replaced at least 5 or 6 times, the moonroof stopped sealing and had to be replaced, I have numerous rattles in the dash and doors. All this started at 750 miles and it now has 10,000 and is still going. I've had to file a lemon law claim as one deal just stopped returning my calls. I have well over 40 days of shop time and I can say that the TL is junk too since I've had it as a loaner car all this time too.

sunkist
By sunkist on 05/13/06 15:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i like my car, its fun to drive.

Can't beat it!
By jammin05s on 04/06/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. You will truly appreciate the power out of a stock 4 cylinder engine. More than 50 horse power per cylinder!! Performance you can't imagine from a company that did.

RSX S-Type- Not Just for Kids
By Matthew M. on 03/24/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned the RSX S-Type since Dec 1, 04. I took my wife's TSX in for an oil change and test drove the RSX while I was waiting. I went back the next day and bought the RSX. The general manager asked who the car was for. I said for me, do you think I'm too old (55 at the time). I love it. It is by far the most fun car to drive I have ever had and the most sporty. The sport does add a much stiffer suspension than some may like but for handling you can't beat it. It loves the on ramps to the interstate and the faster you drive it the better it sticks. The higher the revs the better and it will fly in the higher rev range. Best car in this class for the money, period.

high strung
By The Lombards on 02/25/06 18:23 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

if you are in to downshifting and revs like a motorcycle, you will love it. balance through the turns and excellent power to weight ratio. by the way the leather is real comfy all seasons

RSX equals great car!
By Ryan on 02/19/06 21:18 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

One of the most fun cars ive driven. Just about everything is perfect on this car. Suspension holds very well, transmission is great but keeps you shifting unless your on the highway. Interior is perfect although the seats could use some more bolstering for the corners. and the seats can prove unfomfrtable on long trips such as one from LA to San Diego. Acceleration is decent for a sports car. A very great value and a fun car to drive

Type S
By Woe-D on 10/28/05 12:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my type S in Feb. The car is just sick. It handles like no other car I have ever driven. The gear ratio is ridiculus. I can shift gears so quick it doesn't make any sense. I recently took it to the mountains and had a blast going around sharp curves at high speeds. Not even feeling like I was even going 15 miles an hour. It is a great car.

Lemons, but no Lemonade
By Unhappy on 10/18/05 22:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got a lemon. So far the dealer hasn't been the least bit helpful with helping me. It's had a new transmission, 3 batteries, a new alternator and now they're telling me I'm having axle problems!! It's a cute car, but it's time to get something that won't break down on me five times in half a year!