2005 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Impressive
By ddgreen33 on 08/08/05 15:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I traded in our 2003 S2000 for this car and we're glad we did. With the power that comes with the RSX I guessed the MPG would more than likely be around mid- 20s... but it stayed in the 30s. Best coupe out there... that I test drove.

Solid
By krachon on 07/27/05 16:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Overall a great ride. Fast, smooth and fun when on the road. I am on the road driving everyday for work and the RSX makes the driving much more tolerable.

Well worth the money!
By James on 07/12/05 18:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I guess I really have no room for comparison, but this car is great. I went from a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee to a 2005 RSX and it really has exceeded my expectations. The drive is so smooth. I have an automatic with the sports shifter. The sports shifter is the best thing ever. I can treat the car like a stick, but if I get tired of it, I can go back to auto. Also when on the highway when trying to pass cars, I can switch to manual and drop it into 3rd and zip past everyone. Very good performance. Great exterior. I don't see how they can say it’s forgettable; it’s by far one of the most memorable cars in my mind, that’s why I bought one! Inside is sleek and clean. Never been happier!

Great girls car
By A Dad on 07/10/05 21:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the 05 RSX in Jade Metallic for my daughters 17th birthday, her first car. She was not disappointed and neither am I. Easy to handle great to drive and very dependable. Price was not bad either. The S type would have been great for me but as a first car the 2.0 auto with sport shifting is just what the doctor ordered for a young inexperienced teenage girl driver

Buy It!
By Dee on 07/09/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking at any of the competitors don't even bother. This car rocks! It is fun to drive and has the Acura quality that others can't compete with. This car is practical to drive everyday, but is still fun and kicks it when you need to. I would say that the only negative is the size. Some of my taller guy friends are really crammed when riding in it. I have had Civics, Accords, Eclipse, and none compare to this car. I can honestly say, you will never regret it if you buy and RSX.

My first coupe
By patrick tyrone on 06/22/05 11:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This being my first coupe had to be the most exciting. It was the 1st car I laid eyes on as I walked out onto the lot. I was impressed with the ergonomics of its compact yet stylish design that says, Hop in and Go! I will say while the engine loves to rev, the ride can be a bit tight and bouncy, but in this particular car, thats what gives it that race appeal. On the inside, Acura did an outstanding job on the leather seating, simple yet functional. The controls on the dash were again simple, but tied into the whole theme of the vehicle. I did think for this class of vehicle, Acura could have beefed up the audio system, which was not bad, but could be better. All in all, this was a good buy.

My Acura
By Cheslie on 06/14/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This car is amazing, especially on turns. The only area that I could criticize would be acceleration going up bridges, other than that...it's PERFECT! lots of room too.

I Love This Car
By Arieno on 06/10/05 09:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car. I was driving a 1987 Chrysler LeBaron because I never found anything new that would compare to its styling and handling until I found this.

Great sporty coupe
By Richard on 05/28/05 00:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Not much interior space to work with, but that's what you get with a sporty coupe. Great handling and steering and interior leather. A pleasure to drive.

RSX NON-type S!
By Bill on 05/20/05 08:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! It's the perfect combination of fun to drive and all around comfort for the daily commute. At first I was skeptical because the good press has surrounded the Type S version. However, if you need a fun to drive car that is comfortable for commuting (and every day life outside the track world), the standard RSX model is the way to go. Opt for the leather to take the comfort level up a step further. Also, the standard RSX model does not need premium fuel- the Type S does. So at an average of 27 MPG (city), that's one more accolade the automotive media has missed on this little brother of the Type-S.