Used 2005 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

God's gift to the sport compact scene
By 05 Black Type S

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is an absolute dream. I picked my 05 Black Type S up for invoice price! The Type S has what feels like an endless supply of power. I drove from Chicago to Indianapolis right after I bought it, and had problems keeping it under 90mph, it just wants to get up and run. I love the attention this car brings... I'm a single 23 year old male, and I don't mind the looks I get from girls who see/hear the Type S. It's fast, and looks classy... almost like a baby Ferarri.

Favorite Features

Beautiful engine, the relativley small torque number is not noticed, because from 3000rpm on up this thing screams! Love the 6-speed transmission, so smooth and easy to drive. Love the looks and the very comfortable drivers seat.

Suggested Improvements

Very minor, not necessary things I would have added to it - Limited Slip Differential, heated seats, XM satellite radio, and HID headlights... all can be done aftermarket, it just would have been nice to have them stock (especially the HID's)

RSX-S is the way to go!
By pannetron

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Type S for 2005 comes with better wheels, brakes and suspension turning an already great car into a wonderfully responsive sports coupe.

Favorite Features

i-VTEC, close ratio 6-sp transmission

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo (ditch the Bose), less road noise

My first coupe
By patrick tyrone

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This being my first coupe had to be the most exciting. It was the 1st car I laid eyes on as I walked out onto the lot. I was impressed with the ergonomics of its compact yet stylish design that says, Hop in and Go! I will say while the engine loves to rev, the ride can be a bit tight and bouncy, but in this particular car, thats what gives it that race appeal. On the inside, Acura did an outstanding job on the leather seating, simple yet functional. The controls on the dash were again simple, but tied into the whole theme of the vehicle. I did think for this class of vehicle, Acura could have beefed up the audio system, which was not bad, but could be better. All in all, this was a good buy.

Favorite Features

my favorites were the fold down back seats, the holder for the gas cap.The sunroof was great being that it was a standard feature.Perhaps the most appreciative feature was the auto climate control which is normally found on cars a class above.Last but not least, the V-Tech engine, low maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

Better audio system, a trunk release button, fog lights (should be a standard feature on this type of vehicle)

Type-S is the only way to go!
By K Bennion

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Best Car for the price, Reliable, fast, safe, good room, and mileage!

Favorite Features

The 6-CD in dash stereo! Bose system

Suggested Improvements

More power! The Honda S2000 Engine would do!

Love it
By rattler

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought mine a month ago, and it's been a blast. The car rides great for a smaller vehicle. THe interior is quiet, the bose sound system sounds almost perfect. The seats are comfy and the trunk has plenty of room. This car is fast and fun to drive to work. I spend about 2 hours a day in my car and this makes driving something to look forward to. Test drive it and find out for yourself.

Favorite Features

interior, 6 speed transmission, headlights

Suggested Improvements

rear seating is lacking, not much cargo space up front.