2005 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (70 reviews )
Fun little car
By statusone on 05/14/12 16:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This was my first car ever and I enjoyed the heck out of it. It was vivid blue pearl and I had the type-s so the wheels looked amazing as well. The car was definitely a head turner and everyone seemed to like, people would let me thru in traffic (this doesn't happen in something like a bimmer). It is a Honda so it is reliable as the universe and I had it serviced at Honda (since no Acura dealership was built near me at the time) and I got Honda prices, but Acura prices aren't that bad actually for a luxury car. It isn't as fast as you'd expect a 210 hp car to be. The problem is you have to wind it up to 6500 rpm to get it going and there's very little torque. But a fun drive nevertheless

Used Acura
By robertbaseball on 09/07/11 22:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

So i'm a new driver and i just bought a 2005 AcuraRSX as my first car. I've driven other cars and the engine noise isen't so loud. Is it just my car or is it just a noisy car? Other than that i love it! Leather seats but very sporty bucket seats. Interior is a little plain but has plenty of room to add an indash navigation system which will do soon. Plenty of horse power even in the non S type. Great car!!

Great fun car, but with unfortunate drawback
By denverseven on 01/02/11 00:19 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is really fun to drive, especially stick. I found it to be underpowered however and always had to work for torque since it peaks so low and at high rpms. However, once you learn to time everything correctly it becomes a joy to drive. I had problems with my transmission (which are common). The gear gear kept popping out and if you tried to keep it in there it would grind. The second gear was about to go in my car (but if you read the crsx forums, you'll find tonnes of owners have second gear grind. These things really begin to take a toll after some time and destroy the enjoyment of the drive. Otherwise, great built quality - clutch will last and last, and is also very light.

Resilient Coupe
By TypeS4real on 02/06/09 10:11 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Type S & still impressed. With the hp bumped up to 210, it performs very well. Turn-ratio & handling are great. For a high torque coupe, it still gets good mpg, but it does require premium unleaded. Like other owners say, the ride can be extremely stiff so watch bumps in the road very carefully, seriously. I like how Acura upgraded the wheels to 17s, but wish they kept the original headlights, since that's what initially caught my eye. Interior hasn't changed, still sleek. The fold-over rear seats are a huge plus, but rear seating is narrow. As long as required maintenance is done (which is HIGHLY recommended), it'll be faithful. Definitely reliable, fun, & a great value.

Bang for buck
By chris on 09/02/08 20:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is one of the best cars I have ever owned. Fast, fuel efficient, quiet, comfortable, and long lasting. 210 hp in a car that weighs under 3000 lbs. 6 speed tranny good for lower rpms at 80 mph, or higher top speed. Governor kicks in at 145. World's fastest front wheel drive NA car. And under 20k. Would love them to continue production. :-( they never should have stopped

A Great Second Car
By Hondalover on 07/06/08 22:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second vehicle. As a younger driver I find this car absolutely perfect for me and the things I like in a car. Easy, fun, good enough on gas, sharp style, commanding appearance, and amazing handling.

Fantastic Car
By tt on 04/28/08 23:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this car. I put on 30000+ miles annually and not the first problem with how it runs. Handles fantastic. Great pickup for a 4 banger. I've had no problems other than the cd player died at 80K miles but is easily replaced. Love the bose system otherwise. Overall, good stock system. Car very comfortable. Gets a lot of attention.

Go Kart Honda
By Jymmijamez76 on 04/21/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had this car about 2 months now, and it just begs to be rev'd to 8k. Handling is very good, suspension needs to be tweaked a little if driving at high speeds. Loads of after market and online support. Really reminds me of the old CRXs, with some modern features and comforts. Leather seats are very supportive and comfortable. Bose System is great, plays my old Miami BASS cds and sounds great considering the small sub.

Great is not perfection
By laurent reze on 03/05/08 07:30 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It's a super little car. So far very reliable IF you do not mind stiff shifting, average comfort, noises from everywhere and especially from engine over 3500 rpm. It's a small sport car for road and speed lovers!

Great car
By lovetodrive7 on 09/09/07 21:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

If you liked the prelude SI you will love this car. It builds upon and improves on everything that made the prelude (back in its day) fun and special to drive. Great handling in the mountains, fun to drive, and suitable as a daily driver. Engine and 6-spd transmission add to the enjoyment. Much more fun to drive than the Accord EX coupe.