2005 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Bought it brand new. Amazing Car
By nateprice on 10/04/13 07:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it off the lot in 2005. Have had it for 193000 miles. The only thing I've had to replace is the rear calipers which siezed up at 150,000 miles. Still have the original clutch. No other repair costs. And I drive this thing HARD... Brakes last, tires last, amazing gas mileage. 5 spd manual is fun, 160 hp engine could be a bit beefier. Type S isn't that much faster and requires premium. Friend has type s, He barely accelerates faster up to 60 mph. From 60+ the Type S really accelerates better. Handles amazing! Take turns fast with confidence and ease. Steering is responsive

Used Acura
By robertbaseball on 09/07/11 22:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

So i'm a new driver and i just bought a 2005 AcuraRSX as my first car. I've driven other cars and the engine noise isen't so loud. Is it just my car or is it just a noisy car? Other than that i love it! Leather seats but very sporty bucket seats. Interior is a little plain but has plenty of room to add an indash navigation system which will do soon. Plenty of horse power even in the non S type. Great car!!

Awesome Car
By CaliPatriot88 on 07/20/10 21:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I drove the Honda Integra when I was in Japan and loved it so much I bought the USDM version the RSX. I couldn't afford the type s though so I bought the luxury base model. A great car fast and nimble on the highway, it loves going fast and loves taking corners. Great on gas, run on premium and you'll get some faster acceleration out of it.

My RSX Problem
By Rylan on 08/08/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I loved the car when I bought it, but within the last 6 months, it has been in the dealership 6 times for sunroof/suspension problems. I just want it to drive without thumping or clunking over a bump!

My second RSX
By melvin zerwas on 07/24/06 09:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had one of the first RSX when the came out replacing the integra. I loved it from the first test drive. The difference between that and my current 2005 model are very minor. As a one time sports car race driver I find the power more than ample, the handleing excellent and the 5 speed box very smooth and enjoyable.

Fun little car
By TJG on 07/15/06 11:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Peppy 4-cyl. Only performance issue is accelerating up a grade, but hey it's a 4-banger. I am more than satisfied in the difference I get in fuel economy. I bought the car pretty recently, so maybe the racing seats will grow on me, but I don't really like them so far. The sport-shift works great, especially for mountain roads or gridlocked traffic. I put in an Alpine reciever to play my iPod, and it sounds great on the factory speakers, but not so much on volume level 20 and beyond. Of course, real audiophiles will tear out everything factory anyway. Bottom line, I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Excellent Choice
By Happy Driver on 04/24/06 03:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love driving it. Holds to the curves and handles like a dream. Only problem I have found is that the doors do not lock automatically when you start the car.

Even
By David Rector on 03/22/06 09:59 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the care but it has allready had a new Motor put in it and there are alot of rattiling in the dash but overall the car is fun to drive and the fuel economy is great so over all I would Rate and allright car

Great Sporty Luxury Affordable Car
By Timothy M. Crawford on 09/07/05 15:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I (like many others!) needed a car w/ better mileage. I traded my 2000 Dakota PU for this. What a great car! It is fun to drive. It's sporty and quick. I love the Sequential shifter. I can play when I want, or just let it ride fully automatic. I took a road trip over a 800 miles and NOT ONCE did I ever feel uncomfortable. The leather seats wrap around you and make you feel very secure. I had just about all accessories put on this car and it was still a bargain! It looks great and is good on mileage. 2 major plusses...It is; 1....highly rated by consumers reports, and 2 it is an ACURA. Nuf said...Try to find an 05 now!

I love this car!
By Cristina on 08/19/05 15:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car! The price was great with all the options! I looked at every car in this class and the Acura was the best. I drive 80 miles every day on the interstate and this car loves to be driven fast!

1 2 3 4 5 next »