2005 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Bought it brand new. Amazing Car
By nateprice on 10/04/13 07:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it off the lot in 2005. Have had it for 193000 miles. The only thing I've had to replace is the rear calipers which siezed up at 150,000 miles. Still have the original clutch. No other repair costs. And I drive this thing HARD... Brakes last, tires last, amazing gas mileage. 5 spd manual is fun, 160 hp engine could be a bit beefier. Type S isn't that much faster and requires premium. Friend has type s, He barely accelerates faster up to 60 mph. From 60+ the Type S really accelerates better. Handles amazing! Take turns fast with confidence and ease. Steering is responsive

My RSX Problem
By Rylan on 08/08/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I loved the car when I bought it, but within the last 6 months, it has been in the dealership 6 times for sunroof/suspension problems. I just want it to drive without thumping or clunking over a bump!

My second RSX
By melvin zerwas on 07/24/06 09:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had one of the first RSX when the came out replacing the integra. I loved it from the first test drive. The difference between that and my current 2005 model are very minor. As a one time sports car race driver I find the power more than ample, the handleing excellent and the 5 speed box very smooth and enjoyable.

Fun little car
By TJG on 07/15/06 11:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Peppy 4-cyl. Only performance issue is accelerating up a grade, but hey it's a 4-banger. I am more than satisfied in the difference I get in fuel economy. I bought the car pretty recently, so maybe the racing seats will grow on me, but I don't really like them so far. The sport-shift works great, especially for mountain roads or gridlocked traffic. I put in an Alpine reciever to play my iPod, and it sounds great on the factory speakers, but not so much on volume level 20 and beyond. Of course, real audiophiles will tear out everything factory anyway. Bottom line, I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Excellent Choice
By Happy Driver on 04/24/06 03:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love driving it. Holds to the curves and handles like a dream. Only problem I have found is that the doors do not lock automatically when you start the car.

Even
By David Rector on 03/22/06 09:59 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the care but it has allready had a new Motor put in it and there are alot of rattiling in the dash but overall the car is fun to drive and the fuel economy is great so over all I would Rate and allright car

I love this car!
By Cristina on 08/19/05 15:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car! The price was great with all the options! I looked at every car in this class and the Acura was the best. I drive 80 miles every day on the interstate and this car loves to be driven fast!

The effects of an RSX!
By Ivey Walker on 08/08/05 23:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a "tight" car, handles and performs very well. It has a lot of get up and dependency for getting out of the way!

Buy It!
By Dee on 07/09/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking at any of the competitors don't even bother. This car rocks! It is fun to drive and has the Acura quality that others can't compete with. This car is practical to drive everyday, but is still fun and kicks it when you need to. I would say that the only negative is the size. Some of my taller guy friends are really crammed when riding in it. I have had Civics, Accords, Eclipse, and none compare to this car. I can honestly say, you will never regret it if you buy and RSX.

WOW
By TCraftyL on 05/01/05 09:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just got my RSX a few weeks ago, and WOW! It's perfect for someone who wants a hot sports car but not something overly flashy. I was worried that the 160 horsepower engine wouldn't give me as much "go-power" as my last, 190 horsepower car, but that's not a problem. This little thing can go! I would have like to get the Type-S instead with 210 horsepower, but unfortunately I didn't like the wheels OR the spoiler that comes factory installed on the Type-S. Acura should consider changing them or making them options. To sum it up - this car is hot!