Used 2005 Acura RSX Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Bought it brand new. Amazing Car
By nateprice

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it off the lot in 2005. Have had it for 193000 miles. The only thing I've had to replace is the rear calipers which siezed up at 150,000 miles. Still have the original clutch. No other repair costs. And I drive this thing HARD... Brakes last, tires last, amazing gas mileage. 5 spd manual is fun, 160 hp engine could be a bit beefier. Type S isn't that much faster and requires premium. Friend has type s, He barely accelerates faster up to 60 mph. From 60+ the Type S really accelerates better. Handles amazing! Take turns fast with confidence and ease. Steering is responsive

Favorite Features

Handling, Interior design, Seats are comfortable and don't break down, reliability. High revving, good sounding motor. Cold air intake makes it sound amazing... I love the red lighting. It is brilliant at night and is easy on the eyes. Most durable car ever. Nothing breaks on it. Honda really knows how to make cars. Had a 1995 accord previous to this with a ton of miles and no problems on that either... Might try infiniti for my next car, but something tells me I'll be coming back to honda...

Suggested Improvements

Auxiliary port for music, more horsepower... It is not good in snow, probably because it is so light... Upside to that is you can push it out yourself... Not a lot of technology. Some rattles, and kind of a noisy ride. I like the stiff suspension, but on Michigan roads it can be an annoyance at times.

My RSX Problem
By Rylan

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I loved the car when I bought it, but within the last 6 months, it has been in the dealership 6 times for sunroof/suspension problems. I just want it to drive without thumping or clunking over a bump!

Favorite Features

The overall styling of the car, and I love the seats

Suggested Improvements

Suspension, Suspension, Suspension!!! Also, they should stop skimping on things like manual seat controls, hard plastic door panels and the climate controls.

My second RSX
By melvin zerwas

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had one of the first RSX when the came out replacing the integra. I loved it from the first test drive. The difference between that and my current 2005 model are very minor. As a one time sports car race driver I find the power more than ample, the handleing excellent and the 5 speed box very smooth and enjoyable.

Favorite Features

road handleing and the gearbox

Suggested Improvements

None. I understand they are going to cease production on this model as it is not high class enough for the company. A dirty rotten shame.

Fun little car
By TJG

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Peppy 4-cyl. Only performance issue is accelerating up a grade, but hey it's a 4-banger. I am more than satisfied in the difference I get in fuel economy. I bought the car pretty recently, so maybe the racing seats will grow on me, but I don't really like them so far. The sport-shift works great, especially for mountain roads or gridlocked traffic. I put in an Alpine reciever to play my iPod, and it sounds great on the factory speakers, but not so much on volume level 20 and beyond. Of course, real audiophiles will tear out everything factory anyway. Bottom line, I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Excellent Choice
By Happy Driver

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love driving it. Holds to the curves and handles like a dream. Only problem I have found is that the doors do not lock automatically when you start the car.

Suggested Improvements

Door locks that lock automatically when you start the auto instead of having to do this manually.