Sport and Luxury on a budget
By Wes G on
2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I thought for a long time that this car was an overpriced Civic, but it appears that Acura put the money in all the right places. It takes an econobox, gives it a beautiful interior, and puts in Honda's best features- the high-rev VTEC 4-cylinder and the 6-speed manual. I have 8K miles on mine with no problems other than a loose piece of weatherstrip on the passenger door.The car would handle better with more aggressive rubber, and I find myself needing to get out to stretch my legs on trips longer than about 90 minutes, because I can't quite fully extend my leg while seated no matter how hard I try. I'm 6'4".
Favorite Features
Rev-happy engine- nothing quite like the sound of this car between 6k and 8k RPM when VTEC kicks in. 6 speed manual, big trunkspace with rear seats folded down, steering wheel is the perfect size, and interior in general is very nicely designed, good fit and finish. Looks more expensive than it is.
Suggested Improvements
The OE tires are not acceptable for a sporty car, this is the only car in Acura's line that doesn't have HID lights, interior is a bit snug for tall drivers on long drives.Also, the gas tank is too small. Even driving conservatively (25-27mpg), I only get ~275 miles on a tankful.