Tranny problems
By hondalover on
2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I have owned Hondas all my life, every version of the Civic or Integra imaginable. This RSX Type S was very disappointing. The 6 speed transmission was a major problem for me, and I brought it back to the dealer several times. These cars notoriously grind 2nd and 3rd gears, and when I brought it back to the dealer they claimed that they could not "replicate the problem" Engine is awesome, suspension is killer, but the tranny is a huge problem! Beware when you purchase!
Favorite Features
K-series engine baby! I-vtec will break the tires loose at 7k rpm. Suspension makes you feel like you are riding on rails!
By adunn225
on 08/20/11 20:48 PM (PDT)

Okay, so what im seeing what you have written, there are a couple of things wrong. to start out, I-Vtec engages at 5800, not 7 K. Another thing is why did you give it one star for fuel economy? thats like a really bad review. if you drive it right, you should get 30 MPG with NO problem. Seeing how this is a high compression motor, it should be getting worse. Acura has done an amazing job with this model. lastly, why would you complain about the transmission and not be able to get it fixed. If you really knew what to do, you would go back to Acura and ask them to put a transmission in for free, seeing its a service bulliton. its be that way ever since the car came out. you take it back to the dealer and its under warrenty, they will put a new transmission in FOR FREE. I did this right before my warrenty was up and i love my car now. also, no matter what, if you get the 04 RSX type S transmission fixed, your just going to have problems with it. NO MATTER WHAT. Next time you take it to get fixed, take it in and ask to swap it out for one of the newer SI transmissions. Hope this helps. BTW, if your out of warrenty, be prepared to spend money. its going to take it if your gonna replace the tranny.